Chapter 27 [Colton's POV] -You Tried To Steal The Girl I Like

Start from the beginning

"I slept with Macy." The words roll out of his mouth and my jaw drops down.

"You did what?"

"I was drunk. So was she. It was a bloody mistake, but I feel like such an asshole, because Ethan's seeing Macy. It feels like I've betrayed him-"

"Feels? Feels? You did betray him, you... oh, my God!" My hands rake through my hair, my mouth agape. "What did you do?"

Sweat lines my forehead as I remember how Ethan almost had a breakdown because of some problems between him and Macy; now my best friend went ahead and got laid with the same girl. How fucked up was that?

My hands run through my hair repeatedly, as though never getting enough of that feeling. My neck arches back, my eyes closed as I gulp in fear for my own brother.

"Why would Macy do that to him?" I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air, glancing at Drake, but he looks as helpless as I'm feeling.

"I'm sorry," is the only thing he says.

I say quiet for a minute, anger boiling in my veins. And that's why I say something that I don't regret saying:

"Did you even like Ella in the first place?"

The anger in my voice comes out strong, but so is his expression. His earlier confused and sorry-looking facial features now turn into something ugly.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Of course I liked her! Why else would I have given her to you so dramatically?"

"Excuse me?" I say in disbelief, my head snapping up to meet his, and he looks regretful. "What did you just say?"

"I didn't mean it-"

"Shut up," I say, looking away fuming, and raise a hand at him. "Just shut your mouth before I do anything I regret."

How on earth did he have the nerve to say that to me? He gave Ella to me? How does that ever make sense?

But when Drake obliges and doesn't say a word, it aggravates me more, because I was counting on him to find a source to vent my anger, my source being his face.

"Don't you dare question me!" I yell, pointing an accusatory finger at Drake. "You slept with my brother's girlfriend, you tried to steal the girl I like..."

The moment I say this, Drake turns red. "I never stole the girl you like! I didn't even know you like her until Cam asked me one day whether I knew anything about your plans to - he says and I quote 'stay at their place just to get close to her sister'," Drake shouts back with equal amount of anger. "Sounds like something only a coward would do."

That's it. That is such a low blow, jabbing my insecurities on my face.

"At least I didn't resort to lies to score a girl!"

"Score a girl?" I reiterate, glaring at him. "This isn't any other girl; this is Ella! And I am guilty about what I did, I don't need you to tell me that! Stay in your limits. Oh, but I forgot, you've already crossed them," I sneer, and his body tenses.

"I know I made a mistake, alright? I'm trying to fix things here."

"That's what I said! I know I made a mistake, and even I am trying to fix things," I snap at him, but not because I'm angry at him; but because I'm lying... again.

I never tried to fix things, I just let Ella go, like it was nothing - such a stupid mistake it was. I never tried to take our relationship further, it was as though I was hoping things would come in order on their own. It was Ella who tried reaching out to me; but I just pushed her away.

Even though I thought that being in close proximity to her would develop some feelings in her about me, but I didn't realize I had to work harder than that.

I thought things would get sorted on their own, but it wasn't the case.

I fucked up big time.

I knew that.

But there was nothing I could do about it now.

"Listen, we mustn't fight," Drake says hesitantly, taking a step back, falling onto a couch in the living room we are standing in.

I say nothing, but walk to the couch lying opossite to him, letting my body droop down in tiredness, falling on the couch, too.

"Wow, you got a new tattoo?" Drake asks me out of the blue, staring at the wrapping around my arm.

"Yeah," I say a little roughly, caressing the irritated skin around the tattoo, taking care not to touch it. "Just got it."

For two minutes - extremely awkward two minutes - none of us says anything; I simply keep staring at the floor, until Drake breaks the silence.

"Mate, what should I do?"

"Don't mention it again." My voice is steady and my answer is blunt and straightforward, but it still renders him confused. "Don't mention it anywhere about what happened."

"Are-Are you sure?"

"Yes. Does Macy regret it?"

"Yes. Fuck she was almost crying when she realized what we did."

No shit.

"Then tell her to do the same. Tell her to not say about this to anyone else," I say, my voice authoritative. "And this topic ends here, you understand?"

"Yes," he says gratefully, standing up and starting to walk towards me. "Thank you."

"Don't mention it," I say gruffly, as he envelopes me into a tight hug, making it hard for me to breathe, patting his back awkwardly.

---

The moment I get home, I know something is wrong. Everything seems to happen suddenly yet slowly, like a sequence in a movie.

As I begin to open the door of my house, someone else from the other side beats me to it.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I collide with a crying girl; she looks up at me tenderly, her eyes filled to the brim with tears and her lips moving without sound upon seeing me.

The sight of a crying Macy standing in front of me, followed by the sound of something breaking coming from Ethan's room tells me that the cat's out of the bag...

Ethan knows about Macy's betrayal.

****

Hellooo my sweet baby corns :D Too corny? Sorry :P

I don't know how many of you might empathise, but my house has only one awesome cook - my mother. She wasn't in the house today after dinner and I badly needed coffee to stay awake and study. My dad, me and my grandfather, all three of us made a cup of coffee five minutes later, all of us hovering over it. Three people, one kitchen, one coffee lol XD

Sooo... what did you think about the chapter? Did you expect a banter between Drake and Colty?

And what about the Andrews' brothers moment?

And the thing that Drake wanted to talk about? ;)

Tell me what you think! Also, what do YOU think will happen next?!

And also, thank you so, so much for the fantabulous 15.4k reads. CRAM passed the 15k mark, yay! Thank you xx

See you when I update next, and I don't know when that'll be, bcuz I'm still in the middle of the exams >_< Actually have my physics paper tomorrow... gotta go study now. Byeee!

Don't forget to leave a comment or two ^.^

-Crazy