~Fan-Fiction~ Guardians Of Ga'Hoole: Grot-Ghot in Tyto

Prologue

                 Screeeech! A piercing cry would resound around an area of the forest of Tyto in the midday. It was a rough sound. Who would be awake at this hour? That was certainly not the call of a barn owl. Most owl glauc weren't out and about until at least the evening. But that was, indeed, an owl's cry, rough as it was. A blur of brow and white would zoom through the trees. Zoom? The flying was not silent. Neither was the branching, at that. Hooting laughter resounding from the hawk owl as he practically slammed down onto a branch. "Hah! Theeze trees ahr hardah ta land on than deh cliffs. Bit nacht." The words the owl spoke to himself were heavily accented in Northern krakish. Bobbing in place, the raptorlike owl would scan his surroundings. All still asleep, eh? No surprise. All these night-gatherers liked the darkness better than the light. He'd yawn. Kerrn had gotten a little sleep in the day, preparing to interact with the night owls, but it was still hard. At least the sky was starting to darken now, as midday turned into evening. Maybe he'd actually see other owls out and about. For now, he'd pass the time by himself, swooping around to get some hunting in before it got too dark to see.