Time seemed to drift at a slow pace, my mind clouded with anger and fear, but mostly the sorrow and shame that I felt from being taken from my home, and my pride and strength cut from me. How could I have let something like that happen? It was sacred, that only the life mate would cut the locks of an Eenack warrior. I should have fought harder, should have ignored the pain in my shoulder. But, it was too late. I was to be sold and taken to the pleasure house. Perhaps there was a way to leave, escape, and return to my people... the few that still remained of us.

       I was sat down beside a large oak tree, the masked man removing the thin piece of fabric that kept his identity a mystery to me. But, when he removed it, I was disgusted by the bald head, and the face that had a large scar starting at the top of the temple, going down to the jaw line. Yet, his black eyes held a sort of kindness to them.

       It disgusted me.

       "I have to heal your wound before Mistress comes and takes you to the auction," he said in a rumbling voice, a puff of smoke blowing out his nose as he spoke. Dragon.

       Without another thought crossing my mind, I harked up the mucus that was building in my throat, and spit it into his face, followed by a hiss. He simple sighed, shaking his head before getting a piece of thread and a needle from his shirt. I hissed as he came closer, my body sending chills at the warning of him being so close. I could see him now, find him, hunt him down once I was away from here.

       "You can be angry with me, but I am just trying to keep bread and milk in my daughters belly," he whispered, reaching to move my body slightly to face him. My eyes went wide at the sound of a daughter... a child.

       Looking into his face, I could see the memories dancing across the dark irises of his eyes, only causing the hatred I felt for him to dim slightly. And that caused a roaring need to hurt him more. I did not wish to pity this man, this Dragon that had captured me just to earn a few golden coins. But, as he moved to sew the cut closed, I found myself wishing that he and I had met under different circumstances. It was Eenack way to forgive those that wronged us, but this man had done more than wronged me. He had stripped me of my life, killed many of my people, and brought me somewhere that I had never been before. And, if the smell of salt in the air was any give away of being towards the red sea, then this was not territory that Eenack walked upon. These lands were forbidden, known for the darkness that crawled over the mountain, trapping each heart that stepped onto this soil.

      "If forgiveness is what you seek, then you shall not find it here. Perhaps if you visit the graves of my people, then their spirits will forgive you for stripping away their lives," I said, looking into his black eyes before quickly filling my mouth with mucus again, spitting it on his face. I smirked as I saw the thick, yellow substance drip down his face, falling to the ground off of his chin. "Murdered," I hissed at him.

       Without another warning, as he moved the needle away, he brought his finger into the cut, opening the wound that had recently been closed. I gritted my teeth as electrical shocks went through me as I felt the muscle and tissue try to give way under his pressure. Closing my eyes, I tried to move from his grasp, but it was useless. When I did not beg for mercy as he seemed I deserved to speak, he simply stopped before grabbing my hair by the roots, lifting me off the ground.

       "I've shown you more mercy and kindness than was deserved," he growled before tossing me down beside the stream, next to the small fire. "You will be wise to learn your place here, child. You are no longer a warrior, but an outcast. And your attitude with pay well once the Mistress comes to receive you." he growled before walking over. I tried to move, but the chains that bound my arms behind my back held me in place. The booted foot was lifted back, then swiftly brought forward into my stomach. The air left my lungs as I felt the blood come into my mouth as I coughed. "Bloody savage," he yelled before walking away to the others. I never spoke a word from then on, only laid there as I worked the blood out of my mouth, and wiggling my way to where I could get fresh water into my dry throat and mouth.