Diagon Alley

((sup))= mind link
I looked around, trying to figure out where we were. Apparently the Professor, McGonagall I think her name was, she saw me because she said, "We're at the Leaky Cauldron, its a pub that's also the entrance to Diagon Alley, which is where we'll get your school supplies for Hogwarts and your wand."
   "Oh," I said, "...cool."
   "Indeed," she said, "But first we need to go to Gringotts bank."
   "Okay," I said.
   And with that she led me towards a large white building with Gringotts on it in gold letters.
  We went inside the building and I got my first good look at a wizarding bank. It was filled with these creatures. These ugly as hell creatures.
  "Um professor," I said, "What are those?"
  "Goblins," she said.
  "Oh."
  We got to the front desk and she said, "We're here to make a withdrawal from Daniel Black's vault," to one of the little creat- sorry goblins.
   "Got yer key," it asked looking at me with beedy little eyes to which I flashed my ecto-eyes.
  The goblins looked startled for a second before quickly getting over it when the Professor handed him the key.
  "Griphook! Take these two to vault 387," he yelled and another goblin came up.
  "Follow me'" it said.

   So, after the craziest ride ever we finally got to the vault and when they opened it, My. Jaw. Dropped.
   It was almost filled to the brim with gold.
   "All this is mine," I asked.
   "Indeed," the professor said, "this is the Black Family fortune."
   "How much should I take out," I asked.
   "Fill up this pouch," she said handing me a pouch the size of a large wallet.
   "Okay," I said and went to work filling the pouch with gold.
   Then we got back on the cart and after an even crazier ride back up we left the building.
   We got most of my supplies and went I to the bookstore. Where I decided to look around on my own. I heard a noise that sounds like a feminine grunt. I looked around the corner and saw a girl. She looked about my age with very bushy hair. She was trying to reach a book on the top shelf but couldn't.
   "Need some help," I asked.
   She gave me a skeptic look and said, "Unless you can fly there's not much you can do."
   "You'd be surprised," I said with a cocky smile.
   "Unless you have a broom you can't fly. It's impossible," she said and with every word she had to look higher to keep eye contact.
    She didn't notice this until I said, "Look down."
  She did and let out a gasp of surprise.
  "I've been known to flip nature the bird quite often," I said, and handed her the book she wanted, "here ya go."
  "You got two," she said.
  "Well if you want it, it must be interesting," I said, "so...got your wand yet?"
  "Not yet," she said, "that's all I have left to get."
  "Cool I'm gonna get a pet as well," I said, "by the way I'm Danny Black."
  "As in mass murderer Sirius Black? "
  "He's my dad," I said.
  "Oh," she said, "well I'm Hermione Granger."
  So met up with her parents and went to the wand shop, which I  was getting a wierd feeling from, and went inside.
  As soon as we got inside a man with wiry hair came out looked at me and said, "Ah Mr. Black, I assume you and your friend have come to get your wands?"
  "Do I know you," I asked.
  "Forgive me," he said, "I am Ollivander...who's first?"
I looked at Hermione and said," you go."
So she did and after a few different tries got a wand.
"10 3/4 inches, vine wood and dragon heartstring," Ollivander said, "now Mr. Black."
  After trying so many wands my hand started to ache, he said, "I wonder...," before walking to the back and coming back out with a box and saying , "this wand is one-of-a-kind: 11 1/2 inches, thestral heartstring, and elder wood."
  "But sir," Hermione said, "those are symbols of death."
  "Which should go nicely with your friend if my suspicion is correct," he turned to me and finished, "right young halfa?"
I felt my eyes widen as I gently took the wand and gave it a swish before feeling a rush of power.
    "Don't worry young hero," he said, "Your ghostly secret is safe with me."
  "Thank you," I said.
We paid him and left.
"Danny," Hermione said, "what did Mr. Ollivander mean by 'ghostly secret' and 'halfa'?"
"Well Hermione," I said, "halfa is the technical term for someone who is half ghost and half human."
"How is that possible," she asked me.
"Well it all started when..." and so I told her my story leaving nothing out. (Danielle doesn't exist in this...yet) and when I finished she said, "So that's how you flew without a broom!"
"Yep," I chuckled, "so, do you wanna come with me while I get a pet?"
  "Why not," she said following me to the pet store.
When we got inside and were instantly assaulted by a cacophony of noise. But I noticed I felt something tugging at me from the back of the shop so I walked toward where the feeling was coming from and Hermione following and when I got there I saw what looked like a panther cub. The shop owner came up to us just as I reached out to stroke the cub's fur and gasped as I felt a connection form between me and the cub.
  ((Hello)) I heard a voice say in my head.
  "Who said that," I asked.
  "Who said what," Hermione asked.
  "Someone said hello," I said.
"No one said anything sir," said the story owner.
  ((That would be me)) I heard the voice from before say making me look at the panther cub that the voice seemed to come from.
   "Did the panther cub just speak in my head," I asked.
   ((Yes I did)) it said.
   "So he did," I said.
   "Danny how do you know it's a boy," Hermione asked.
  "His voice is masculine," I said.
   "I see what's going on here," the store owner said, "you formed a familiar bond with the rare shadow nundu."
  "How much do I owe you for him then," I asked him.
  "Fifty galleons," he said.
I gave him the money and then bought food for my new familiar before me and Hermione left and met up with her parents and the Professor for ice cream.
"Well," I said as we were about to leave, "see you on the train 'Mione."
"See you then Danny," she said.
  And with that we went our separate ways.