14. Unexplained and Deranged

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Forget about that jerk and let your feelings free. I can tell that you like Jace a lot and it's making me really happy. You're so reserved so it's nice to see you coming out of your little shell" Essence said.

"Hey girls" Kristen said taking a seat next to Essence with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey Kristen" the two of us said in unison.

"I just came over to tell you not to freak out about the boys being gone. They'll be back on Sunday. Taylor's birthday was Tuesday so we're having a little get together for him and they wanted me to invite the two of you" she said finally taking a breath.

I knew that I would be going because I was dying to spend time with Jace but Essence on the other hand was still a little confused about her feelings towards Peter.

"Sure. We'll be there" she said surprising me.

"Awesome! I'll let my parents know" she said waving goodbye before leaving.

"Um, what the hell was that?" I asked with a wicked smile.

"I know what you're thinking and you can stop thinking it right now" she said making sure not to avoid eyes contact with me.

"What do you mean I can stop thinking it? How can I do that when you practically screamed yes just now?"

"I didn't scream I just answered her question".

"Bull crap! You like Peter more than you're letting on missy" I said opening my bag of Lays.

"Shut up Spence and don't say a word to anyone".

I began laughing. "Why would I let the cat out of the bag when you're my best friend? Do you like him?" I asked just as the bell rang.

"I have to get to class" she said grabbing her trash and quickly leaving the table.

**************

English was a lot more boring when Jace wasn't around. With all three of them not here, I was pretty miserable. I was growing a friendship with Peter and Taylor and I learned that they were really cool and funny guys.

Taylor was a huge sweetheart and Peter was hilarious and brutally honest but it fit his personality.

And then there was Jace.

He was everything .Funny, attractive, smart, and he always knew what to say to me.

He had the perfect smile, hair, eyes, and his lips. I loved kissing him. I wonder if we would ever-

"Miss Droid, do you mind paying attention and getting your head out of the clouds?" Mrs. Parnell said tapping my shoulder.

"I'm sorry" I said with a sheepish smile.

If only she knew where my head really was.

Looking up at the board, I saw that we had an assignment to complete before the end of class. Since it was the last day of class before break, Mrs. Parnell wanted us to write about the semester, what we enjoyed and all that unnecessary crap teachers make you do for no specific reason at all.

"So class, I would like for you to be completely honest when explaining my teaching skills because I want to incorporate them into my lesson plans when you all return from winter break" she explained.

"If someone just happens to say you're a sucky teacher, will they get in trouble?" someone asked making the class laugh. Even Mrs. Parnell had to smile.

"If someone says that I am a sucky teacher than it will not affect you at all. I really want you all to be honest".

"Awesome" he said as he began to write.