Prologue

It's copyrighted.

{Prologue}

***Aaron's POV***

I tapped my foot against the concrete pavement and glanced at my watch attached to my wrist.

6:50. Where could she be? She's not the one to be late.

My eyes had wandered and locked with a strange man from across the street who's gray watchful eyes attempted to camouflage under his fendora. He wore black clothing from head to toe making it hard to determine any distinctive characteristics that could be helpful in trying to identify the man.

A barely noticeable tap on the shoulder had me turn around to meet familiar dark blue eyes. My eyes scrutinized Lila from head to toe. While Lila's eyes quickly looked at the floor and nervously resorted to twisting a ruby stoned ring around her pinky. I lifted her face to see that her cheeks had flushed pink when she realized the inches that separated our faces. I gave her a crooked grin and she whispered, "Sorry. I was running a bit late." I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and said, "No big deal. I didn't have to wait to long anyways."

I opened the door to the movie theater, and let her go through first. Showing proper manners, like my Granny told me was how to treat a lady. But my eyes couldn't help but wander to the spot where the strange man had locked eyes with me a moment before, to find the man gone like he disappeared into thin air. I disregarded it with a shrug of the shoulder and walked into the movie theater.

--------------------------------------------

First time I've attempted writing on Wattpad and I need advice. I've been reading books on Wattpad for a while now and decided what the heck and try writing one for a change. Like I said, helpful criticism is welcomed. Kinda short, I know but I gotta give credit writing isn't as easy as most of you guys make it.