-1-

copyright © Mistalee_ 2015-2016

First published: November 08, 2015

Last chapter: January 26, 2016

Official cover credit: Rolling_in_the_Dice

Current cover: Yours truly

Do not copy. All rights reserved.

------------------

Dedication to -numinous- since her 'It started with a text' and 'It started with a book' are amazing :)

------------------

My eyes started stinging from staring at the girl on the podium. And I can bet my life that an owl's eyes would look less wider than mine.

"Dude your eyes are going to pop out from those soggy sockets if you don't stop staring at that chick," my friend Shawn muttered as he wiped his flute's mouth with a white cloth.

I didn't waste my energy replying to him and instead focussed them solely on the girl.

Her black eyebrows were minutely creased as she played her flute. Her eyelids were shielding her eyes like a lotus before it blooms. Two thin black strands of hair were falling on either side of her face. Her lean fingers were moving up and down the flute fluidly. Her pink lips on the flute's mouth looked as if the flute's mouth and her lips were meant to be together.

My fingers twitched as I felt a severe urge to run my hands on her slightly arched back. How would it feel to have her in my hands, to feel those feminine fingers around my lanky ones, those soft lips on mine...

God...

"Seriously, Shin!" Shawn exclaimed pulling me from my perverted fantasy, "Stop staring at her like that, man. You're even creeping me out."

He looked at me as if I grossed him out and I don't blame him. Even I would be grossed out by my behaviour.

When she finished her piece, she turned to our music director who was accompanying her with her piano, thus hiding her face from my vision.

Even that moment of not seeing her face made me restless. Yes, Shawn was right. I'm beyond hopeless for this silent girl.

I remembered the first time I met her. It was only a few days before. She just transferred from her music school to ours.

"Shawn!" I shouted at my best friend through the phone, "Why the hell did you leave?!"

Shawn's gulp was lightly audible. "My mom had something, bud. And she wants me to pick Lucy from the kindergarten and babysit her till she comes."