Chapter 1; Go Screw Yourself [Part 1]

Sorry people for throwing you offf track, If you read all the other chapters that were originaly seperate.. I wrote more at the back. Once again, sorry.

                  [Vote and Comment People, Steve is Here! He’s Hungry… And Haters Around?]

                                                             Part 1: Targeting the Jocks

Kaylee

Mondays. Mondays. I hate Mondays, actually I hate every day. Every day I have to wake up to find my mom crying into the toilet, or maybe the sink. Either way it filled me with pain.

My dad was okay, he was the best. Better than any dad on the block, maybe that’s why he got shot. My mom still cries about that and I try to help her through each day, for me and for the baby. If she kills herself she’ll kill the baby too.

I’m just glad she has her work to look forward to, with all her friends gossiping. I had my friends too. My bests friends in the world, who have helped me through all the tough times. I still remember when Natalie let me cry onto her shoulder when they found Daddy dead. 

                                                                        *  *  *  *  *

It’s time to put that all behind me, for now. I groaned and forced myself to get dressed. Today was going to be my day, I told myself as I stared at the familiar stranger in the mirror. I ruffled my hair, not needing to straighten it.

I wish life was like a movie, and it already really was. My life was like one of those Tyler Perry movies. The ones about Madea, the ones that made me laugh and cry at the same time. I’ve got to say, Tyler Perry is a talented man.

I smiled at that thought, and shouldered my bag. I opened the blinds for my mom, who was finally sleeping late. I glanced at the clock and shrugged. I still had time for breakfast. Nah, I’ll pass. I’m not that hungry.

I locked the door behind me, and started to walk towards Natalie’s house.

Natalie is like my sister, my equally crazy sister. Her dream is to be a dancer, like on Burlesque. She knows I can sing too, and wants me to come to LA when we’re finished with college. College is our big dream, and I don’t even know what I want to be yet.

College is a big deal for everyone in this neighborhood, because no one ever expects to go. Well, if anyone can make it Natalie and I can. We’ve managed to keep up an above 3.14 grade average. Even though the requirement is 2.0, we strive to attain greatness. That’s cheesy, I know, but we do.

I made my way to Natalie’s house quickly, dreading what I knew was going to happen. It had been happening every day since I first started high school. 

                                                                         *  *  *  *  *

‘Hey Kaylee!’ I tried my best to ignore the slut they call Alexis, and her little boyfriend too. I threw a glare their way. I swear, the only reason Alexis drives through this neighborhood is to make everyone feel bad.

At least we know what hardship is, she doesn’t. Neither does her stuck-up excuse for a boyfriend, Mark. Mark is good looking, but I do my best to ignore him. It usually works.

Now he isn’t looking at me, just staring straight ahead. Is he possibly… sorry? No, he couldn’t be.

I know, I know. I’m stereotyping a little bit, so I threw all thoughts away. Alexis finally drove away, leaving me to my own devices.