Chapter 1 ~ And so School Begins

Urgh. "Summer has come and gone and now it's time to face the music." I thought as I reached out to hit the snooze button on my alarm clock. My mother flitted into the room and chirped out

"Morning Averie! Get up sleepy head it's the first day of your junior year!" I groaned and slowly pulled myself from the warm blankets on my bed. I went into my tiny bathroom and grabbed my glasses off the corner off the corner of the sink. I looked around the top of my messy dresser top until I found my brush. I quickly brushed my long auburn hair and tossed it up into a messy bun. I pulled on a tight forest green top that matched my eyes and pair of jeans. I grabbed a hoodie and a book before racing downstairs to get something to eat.

I put two poptarts into the toaster and got myself a bowl of cereal. "I love food!" I thought as I sat down at the table an grabbed my book and started to eat and read. I put my dishes in the sink and jogged back upstairs where I brushed my teeth and slipped my beat up converse on. Grabbing the poptarts from the toaster I dashed to my beat up baby blue pickup.

On the way to school I let my mind wander. I thought about my class and what it would be like to be popular. To be noticed, appreciated... "No one will ever notice me.", I thought glumly. "It's okay though, sometimes it's good not to be noticed. I bet it gets annoying being popular..." Shaking off the thoughts, I headed into school. I sighed and whispered to myself, "Time for another year of being a shadow at Golden Coast High."

I stopped suddenly, seeing a small crowd in my way. Wondering what all the commotion was about, I joined the crowd and peered into the center of the ring of people to see what was going on. It was Rosalie Winters. She was back from boarding school, and was tugging her brother, Colt, with her. I'd wondered if she'd be back this year. I mean I'd heard rumors that she was, but I had dismissed them as nothing. "Well looks like Golden Coast has its golden girl back. This ought to piss Diamond off." Diamond Smith, the school's whore, had never liked Rosalie. "Probably cause Rosalie's not a fake bitch, and she's still popular." I thought sarcastically.

I stalked off into the halls, keeping my head down and trying to stay away from people. That was until I ran into what felt like a brick wall. I fell on my butt and groaned internally when I saw who I ran into. It was Mr. Bad to the bone player boy, Colt Winters. He looked at me with his piercing ice blue eyes burning into my own forest green ones before out stretching his hand. Looking around the hallway I noticed that everyone was staring, so I quickly gathered my books up, dusted myself off and hightailed it out of there... That was until I got slammed into the lockers by none other than Diamond and her mini-me's.

"Ow  what the flubber was that for?" I asked her. She sneered at me and said, " I saw what happened with Colt. STAY AWAY FROM HIM HE'S MINE!" I scoffed, "As if I would even go near him." "I don't know who you think you are little nerd, but back off. Colt is mine!" she hissed before walking away, her mini-me's trailing after her. "Well this school year ought to be fun." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Pic on side is of Colt ------------------>