Chapter 3

Whatever it was, it grabbed Maggie and ran. Ben took off running as fast as he could after the figure. He punched it as hard as he could and Maggie ran over to him crying. We figured out that the figure was a human with weird face paint and crazy looking clothes. We used some rope to tie his arms together and took him with us out of the cave. We had no clue where we were when we got out. We decided to sit and rest by a few trees and wait for the mysterious person to wake up. After about 30 minutes, he opened his eyes, looked around and started yelling and going crazy. I walked over to him and put my pocketknife up to his throat and said,"Where is Sheila!?" He just looked at me in confusion. Then I said,"WHERE IS SHE!?" And he just sat there looking at me so I stabbed straight through his hand. He started screaming in pain and yelled some weird foreign language. Then Ben looked at me and said," I have a great idea." He grabbed a stick and drew a guy and three other people behind him in the dirt. He pointed at the guy in the front then pointed at the guy tied up. Then he pointed at the three other people and then pointed the stick at me, Maggie, and himself. Then he drew a girl a little bit further away than the other stick people. Then Ben said,"YOU TAKE US TO THE GIRL. WE LET YOU GO." Then the guy shook his head yes. Ben grabbed him and he started leading us through the woods. We came to an opening and I realized that we were at Yellowknife Lake. The guy pointed to the water and Ben said,"Is this some kind of sick joke?" "Wait! Ben, I think I know what he means." "What does he mean Mike?" "He's telling us that she's on the other side of the lake with that Rudolph looking thing." The man started shaking his head no and pointed down at the water.  Then Maggie said,"Guys! Watch out!" I looked around and an arrow went right by my head. The strange man that we were holding captive started yelling random stuff and jumped right into the lake. Right after that, a bunch of arrow started flying towards us. We didn't know what to do, so we jumped in the lake after the man. He yelled "Down!" and dove down under the water. Ben, Maggie, and I followed him. We swam down to a strange looking underwater tunnel. After we all were inside, the man pulled a lever and it sucked all of the water out.