Prologue

Hello, my name is Mike and I am going to tell you the story about my mysterious encounters. It started off as a good day. I was about 16, and my friends, and I were camping. It was hot outside and we were swimming in a lake by my dad's old cabin. He died when I was six but I never found out how he died. Anyways, back to the story. There was 4 of us. Maggie Thompson, Sheila Berne, Ben Dover, and me. Maggie had blonde hair and she was kinda a girly girl. Sheila had brown hair and glasses, and she was kind of a Tomboy. Ben was my best friend. He had hair black as coal and Maggie was his girlfriend. I didn't have a girlfriend and Sheila didn't have a boyfriend. But we didn't like each other that way. We were close like brother and sister. After we all got finished swimming at the lake, it got dark, so we went in and dried off and started a fire in the fireplace. Dan and Maggie were up against each other with a towel around them. I was eating something at the table and I had no clue where Sheila went. After about 30 minutes I got worried, so I walked outside and there she was on the porch. She didn't have her glasses on and her hair was down. She looked bored. I sat down next to her and asked her what she was doing out there. She said,"I was just..." Then we heard a dog howling in pain. We both jumped at the same time. After a few minutes, we heard something coming out of the weeds. What could it have been?!