A strange occurrence Part 3

I went to the clinic and on the way there my car got a flat. "Great. Just what I need," I grumbled. I looked down and saw I had about 45 minutes to get to my drug test and was about 3 miles away. " I guess I'll have to run to try and make it," I said. I left a note on the car so it wouldn't get towed away and took off in a dead run for the clinic. Running faster than  I ever had I started feeling the wind through my hair and it felt so natural so free so GREAT! I kept running and before I knew it I was standing in front of the clinic. I looked at my watch and was astonished. I had just run 3 miles in less than 20 minutes and I wasn't tired not even winded. I walked into the clinic gave them my I.D. waited for about 20 minutes and took the drug test.

   After the test was done I ran back to my car (again less than 20 Min.) and started to change my tire. The reason I didn't change it before is that I have a rusty jack and I'm not good at changing a tire quickly. I took out my lug wrench to loosen the lug nuts on the tire. When I put the wrench on the first one it loosens with ease. I did the same with the second and the next and so on. They all came off as if they weren't at all tight. I was thinking that I'm glad I got a flat because as loose as the lug nuts were the tire probably would have come off. After that was done I started jacking the car up. The jack was acting like it was well-oiled or new and it wasn't. No problem getting the car up. I took the lug nuts off and grabbed the flat to pull it off the car. When I pulled the tire almost flew off and I landed on my butt with the tire in my hands. I was holding the tire off the ground and felt as light as a feather. Weird. Ok now for the spare. I grabbed the spare out of the car (it was light also) and started to put it on the car. Well, the car wasn't high enough. I put the spare against the studs and made sure they lined up to the holes on the tire. I gave it a shove when the tire slid on the car. " That's weird ." I thought. Now I put the lug nuts on and made them snug so I can tighten them when I put the car down. I grabbed the jack and it fell over. Somehow I had lifted the car off the jack when I put the tire on and didn't realize it. Well, I reset the jack and jacked it up the couple of inches I needed and snug the lugs in case the tire was leaning one way or the other. With them snugged up again I let the jack down. to tighten the lugs. I put the jack and flat back in the car and went back to tighten down the tire. I started to tighten the lugs when I heard a loud *SNAP!*. I broke the stud right off. I said. " Oh, Sh--."( you can fill in the blanks.) Good thing I had four more studs to hold the tire on. I tightened down the other four drove into a garage dropped off my tire told them what happened. The guy said. "Don't worry just back after work and I'll get you all fixed up no problem. Easy fix this happens a lot."  

   I got to work a little late when Fred called me in again. "Take the test?"

"Yep," I said

"Did you study for it?" Fred said laughing.

" I think so," I replied.

"You going pass then?" Fred asked.

"Yeah, no problem," I said.

"Ok then. By the way, why were you late today you're never late." Fred said.

" I got a flat on the way to the clinic." I started. " So I ran to the clinic took the test went back to the  car changed the tire dropped it off and got here as soon as I could."

"Yeah, tires have a way of going flat at worst times," Fred said.

   He looked at me again and said." Are you growing mutton chops or something?"

 "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Your sideburns. they are all the way down to your chin. They weren't like that yesterday." Fred said.

   I reached up and felt that indeed they were all the way down but the hair didn't feel like human hair. It felt like dog hair. I felt both sides and couldn't believe it. " I.. er... that is...um." I stammered.

  Fred held up his hand and said. "Never mind. Who am I to judge. If you want to grow your hair like that then ok fine by me."

   I punched in and started working. We were having a busy day and went lunch came I sat down and started eating and didn't notice that I was growling while eating. The guys started looking at me and started to move further away from me. I didn't think anything about it. Lunch was over I punched back in and started working. I was filling an order when the room started spinning and the next thing I knew there were two of the guys picking me up off the floor. Fred came running over with a worried look on his face and asked. "What happened, what happened?"

   Tom said. " I don't know one minute Ben was working the next minute he was on the floor moaning."

   "Are you Ok Ben?" Fred asked.

  " Uh, I think so, I just had a dizzy spell. I'm alright now." I said.

Fred looked at me and said " Why don't you take the rest of the day off and come back tomorrow. Ok?

  " Look Fred I said I was FINE," I stressed the fine part for some reason. " Oops, sorry about that Fred."

   " Just take the rest of the day off alright!" Fred said truly aggravated.

  "Uh, yeah, yeah I'll just take the rest of the day off. No problem." I said totally confused about why I yelled at Fred.

   Fred turned around and looked at the other guys and yelled." WHY DON'T YOU GUYS GET BACK TO WORK! NOW!" Oh boy, I think I teed Fred off for no reason. Now he's yelling and Fred usually never yells. The other guys took off running.

  " What's your problem, Ben? Huh? What's going on?" Fred was firing rapid questions at me.

  " Fred, please, I'm sorry. I don't know why I yelled at you. I wasn't thinking straight." I said.

  "Well, you better knock off the attitude. Alright?" Fred said.

  " Yeah, no problem. Sorry again." I said.

  " Just go. OK? Give me some time to cool off." Fred said.

   I left work wondering if I still had a job in the morning. I went to the garage to get my car fixed. The mechanic told me to bring it right in since he was slow at the moment. He raised up the car to take the tire off and the impact wrench wouldn't budge the lugs.

   " Did you put these lugs on this tight?" he asked.

   "Yeah, why?" I asked

  "Well, I can't get them to loosen at all," he said

   " That's funny I mean I put them on with the lug wrench," I said.

  "Did you stand on the wrench to tighten these?" He asked.

  " No, I didn't," I answered. " Here let me try with the lug wrench. If I put them on I should be able to get them off."

   " Good luck." He said

  I grabbed the lug wrench and put the wrench on the lug and flexed my arm. That's when my bicep tore through my sleeve. The lug started loosening. The mechanic just stood in shock. After I took the first one off I took off the others with no problem.

  " I've never seen anything like that before." The mechanic said.

  " I'll get her fixed in a jiffy. How do you get those lugs off so easily?" He asked.

  "I don't know and it looks like I need a new shirt though," I said.

  After about an hour later my car was fixed and ready to go. The mechanic said. " Next time you change your tire don't put the lugs on so tight."

  "I'll remember, sorry about that," I said.

  I returned home and that's when my life went into a tailspin.