Chapter Two

Y/N POV

After our arrival at Hogwarts, I was seated at the Slytherin table alone. I did have friends, but most of them were in Gryffindor. Not to mention, I just felt like being alone right now. I would have sat with Draco but he still seemed as though he was in his own little world. Although, I did catch him glancing over at me a few times but when I looked back and gave him a smile, he just turned away and muttered something under his breath. I decided I would have a word with him later in the common room after most people had went to bed. 

I sat there resting my head in my hands as I listened to Dumbledore's speech. The Sorting for first years had just taken place and he was listing all the precautions and dangers on the grounds this year. I tuned this part out considering I had heard it for the past 5 years. 

Once he was finished, a large assortment of different foods were finally placed on each table and I felt relieved considering I hadn't eaten much that day. I was just about to dig in to some delicious looking chicken when I felt something hit my back. I turned around and noticed a dinner roll on the floor, and then I looked up and saw two familiar- and identical faces looking back at me causing me to smile.

"Fred! George! I didn't get to see you on the train." I said with a smile. I was always the closest to them out of everyone at Hogwarts, even Harry. Since the day I met them, we would always go around pranking people and sneaking out passed curfew to cause trouble. Let's just say, whenever they caused Gryffindor to lose points, I also caused Slytherin to lose points.

"We went looking for you where you usually sit with Malfoy," George started.

"but you weren't there. Caused us to worry a little." Fred finished. I always found it funny how they would finish each other's sentences.

"Yeah, I know." I said with a small frown. "I, um, I went to go sit with Harry, Ron and Hermione instead." 

"Uh-oh. Trouble in paradise?" Fred smirked and I rolled my eyes. I looked back at Draco who was picking at his food and I sighed, turning back to the twins.

"I don't think so...I guess it's just a tough time for him." I shrugged. "But anyways, how was your summer?" I asked, changing the subject with a smile.

---

After dinner in the Great Hall, and a lot of laughter between Fred, George and I, I was making my way back to the Slytherin common room.

When I arrived, I saw Draco sitting on the black couch with a book in his hand. I was actually quite relieved, I thought he would have gone straight to his dormitory to avoid me. I looked around, not many people were in the common room so I sat next to him and he looked up at me, setting his book down.

"Look, Y/N, I'm really sorry about the way I acted on the train. I shouldn't have treated you like that and you were right...you do have a right to know why I'm acting like this but I just don't think now is the right time. But I will tell you soon." Draco said, giving me a nod as he said so.

I smiled and nodded back. I was still a little upset that he couldn't tell me now considering I wanted to help him, but I was glad he was willing to tell me eventually. "Okay, I just want you to know that I'm here for you, okay? You can tell me anything and if it's bad, I'll be here to help you through it." I said reassuringly before I rested my head on his shoulder. I was happy he was finally talking to me.

Draco's POV

I sighed lightly, resting my head atop Y/N's which she rested on my shoulder. There's so much that I want to tell her. That I need to tell her. But I'm afraid that she'll turn against me and leave me to go through this alone. Even I should have seen the fact that my parents wanted me to become a Death Eater and follow in their footsteps coming from a mile away. But I didn't. Not that I don't like being one because honestly, it's kind of cool. But I'm stressed about the task I was given. The two tasks actually.

I have to get the vanishing cabinet in the Room of Requirement to work as soon as I can but I have no idea where to start. It's complicated and I don't like the fact that I have to do it. But that's not even the worst part of what I have to do. 

The second part, is that I have to kill Dumbledore. The Headmaster of Hogwarts. When I first heard this, a cold chill went down my spine. Sure, I never particularly liked Dumbledore...but I never wanted to kill him. Or anyone really. Even Potter. I hate him with everything in me but I don't think I'd ever go as far as actually killing him. Although, luckily, the Dark Lord wants that job.

I wrapped my arm around Y/N's shoulder and held her close. I hated myself for not making an effort to see her this past summer, every moment without her was practically killing me. Whenever I had had a problem in the past, she had always been there to help me through it and the fact that I couldn't yet tell her why I needed her help and guidance was eating away at me.

I decided that I would tell her around Halloween. That gave me a little under two months to sort things out in my head and maybe give me a head start on the vanishing cabinet without asking her if she knew anything. She was quite clever. 

"Come on. We haven't been with each other all summer and I think we should catch up- or at least talk for a while." I said after a while. By catching up and talking, of course I didn't mean telling her what happened to me this summer. I wanted to hear about her even though I had thoroughly read each of her letters which had explained pretty much everything she had done in great detail. "We'll go to our spot. And it's dark outside which will make everything better." I finished with a grin, remembering the first time we had gone there."

Y/N lifted her head off my shoulder and smiled up at me with a nod, about to get up before pausing. "Wait, it's passed curfew. What if we get caught?" She asked. I smirked in response. Leave it to Y/N to think about getting in trouble.

"Then we'll have to deal with the consequences." I shrugged, still smirking before I grabbed her hand and stood off the couch, heading for the exit from the common room.