Shutting the front door and locking it behind me, I silently make my way to the rest of the doors in the house, taking the job of what normally would be my parents' and making sure everything was secure.

"Whys everyone freaking out about you being home alone anyway?" Rose stands, shutting of the tv in the living room, meeting me in the kitchen where i stand with a waterbottle laced between my fingers

"The neighborhood that I lived in back in Scotland wasnt the best. One night someone broke in- I have anxiety issues when im home alone ever since I guess"

"So youre Scottish?"

"The accents normally a give away"

"All accents in the UK sound the same to me"

I take in the barbaric comment, laughing lightly as I take my time upstairs. Making sure that she locks us within my room.

Rose sits herself on my bed, glancing at the grey tv screen, then to me.

"Is it weird?"

"Is what weird?"

"Seeing yourself on tv?"

"Was at first I guess" I shrug down at myself as I sit down,
"I dont watch it much though"

"I think knowing thousands of kids watching me everyday would creep me out"

"Its not bad"

She brushes off the topic, talking about her old life and connecting the things that I'd say to her own past life. But I didnt mind it, listening to her back stories of her ex military family in some way intrigued me.

|~*~|

The streetlights reflecting from above shown into one of my windows, the sound of dark crashing waves vibrating from the other.

My eyes strain open from a light sleep, staring at the wall for moments of peaceful silence. Roses chest inflating and deflating from her dreams.

But then the voices came. In the sense of being paranoid, I sit up, more alert and awake than before.

They're quiet but careless. Close.

I shake her shoulder. Rose mumbles angerly for a moment before sitting up, looking at me trough the dim, sparatic light.

"What?"

"Do you hear that?"

She stands quiet for a moment, giving me a confused look as the small voices travel to her ears too.

"Who is that?"

I shrug, feeling my heart in my throat as I think about the past times. As I think about how many times this has happened since we moved here, and how many times I'd end up sleeping on my parent's floor just to feel safe. But that I couldnt tonight.

Rose gets up, stiffly walking to my window, pulling at the blinds to see out. But she shrugs, not seeing anything but the shadows of waves crashing up on the sand in time with the relaxing noises.

"Its probably some rich people having a party, we're fine"

"Its three in the morning..."

She shrugs, climbing back in bed and devouring herself in the blankets, humming a "just go to sleep", as she closes her eyes again.