Chapter 18

Jamie and Hunter both stood there staring at me, waiting for an explanation. But I couldn't talk, I was at a loss for words. I didn't want either one of them to find out like this, I wanted to tell them on my own terms.

"Are you going to tell me anything?" Jamie asked, looking very angry.

"I..I..I...I didn't want ya'll to find out like this. I really didn't.." I cried out.

I went to touch Hunter's arm but he jerked away. He was furiously shaking his head, like he didn't want to believe it. I had never seen him this angry before, at me I mean.

"Then how the hell did you want to tell us? Sit us down at supper and say oh by the way, I'm pregnant by Jonathan. I thought you didn't have sex with him Jena?" Hunter bursted out.

"I didn't have sex with him! Okay? Jason fucking raped me again...two months ago! Are you fucking happy now?" I yelled then walked out of the house.

Hunter ran out behind me and grabbed my arm. He spun me around and looked me dead in the eye before he spoke to me.

"Is that why you had sex with me last night? To make it look like the baby was mine? Was that all that was? Was I just someone to cover up for that asshole?" Hunter asked, hurt written all over his face.

"No, it's not like that. I never thought about that. Last night just happened, I didn't plan on putting the baby off on you. I would never do that to you and you know that. Last night happened because I love you." I told him honestly.

"You need to tell someone that you have been raped, Jena. I'm serious, this should have been taken care of a long time ago. Please, do this for me. Call the cops and tell them what happened, throughout the whole relationship." He paused and grabbed my hand. "I won't get into it yet, but if you don't call I will be in it." He turned to walk away but before he did he looked at me one last time and smiled.

Hunter's POV:

She's pregnant by that asshole, he raped her for the third time. I knew I should have called the cops the first time, I just didn't want to risk losing her. This has gotten way out of control though.

I was back in Tennessee with my grandparents, we had already figured out what we were going to do if my grandpa died. My aunt Tessa was going to move in with my grandma so she wasn't alone. I was going to stay but Grandma told me I need to get back to Jena. She had never met Jena but she loved her to death.

My grandpa died this morning at 5:21 and damn did it hurt. He had taught me everything I knew, like how to farm and hunt. Being that my dad was always too drunk, he was like my real dad. I was going to stay for another week and then my grandma was making me go back to Jena.

I was driving back to Georgia when my phone began ringing, it was Jena.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Um, Jason called me this morning and got me to meet him..Jamie came with me. Jason said he was sorry for everything he put me through and that I wouldn't have to worry about him anymore." She let out all in one breath.

"What's he mean by that?"

"I don't know, I'm scared."

"Don't worry, I'll be there in a few more hours. I'll see you then, Jena."

"Okay, bye."

About 4 hours later I was pulling into Jamie's, him and Jena were both on the front porch when I pulled in. I got out of the truck and was met by Jena. She had tears streaming down her face and looked like she was worried to death.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He's dead.."

I stood there for a second looking at her, trying to see if she was joking. When her crying didn't stop I knew she was being serious. I could see the sadness in her eyes and that was all I needed to see for me to believe her.

"It'll all be okay, Jena." I told her as I held her close to me.

"No, no it won't. Hunter, I'm pregnant by him. I have to go through the rest of my life knowing I got pregnant by someone who raped and abused me. He killed himself before I even got to tell him about it." She blurted out. "His mom called me and told me she had something for me, she wants me to come today to get it. Will you ride with me?" She added.

"Yeah, you wanna go now?" I asked.

She nodded and we made our way to her vehicle.

Jena's POV:

When Jason's mom called me and told me that Jason had killed himself I thought it was some kind of sick joke. But when I got to their house, I knew it was no joke. His mom looked terrible, you could tell she had been crying non-stop.

She came up to me and pulled me into a hug. It felt so weird to be back at that house, after all the times I had been hit there.

"I...I..didn't...read...it, so...I...don't...know...what...it's...about." His mom told me inbetween sobs. She handed me a folded piece of paper.

"Okay, thanks. Um, can I tell you something? And you not think I'm lying?" I asked.

I didn't want to tell her like that but I knew she would want to know. I was scared that she was going to tell me I was a liar.

"Um..I don't know how to say this.." I started. "Jason...he abused me throughout our whole relationship. He..um...raped me, not once but three times. And..I'm pregnant by him..." I blurted out all at once.

She stood there, shocked. She looked like she had just seen a ghost. Her tears were still coming down her face but she was no longer sobbing.

"Oh my God, Jena! I am so so so sorry." She said as she dropped to her knees.

I stayed with her a little while longer then I left because I didn't want to keep Hunter waiting for too long. I put the piece of paper in my pocket and got in the car.

"So, are you okay?" Hunter asked when I got in the car. I looked at him and smiled a weak smile.

I didn't tell him what she gave me, I was going to wait until after I read it. I was going to read it as soon as I was alone. When we got home I went to my room and locked the door.

I pulled out the folded piece of paper and on the front it read: To: Jena

No one else read this

I stared at the writing for a few minutes until I finally had the nerve to open it up. As I opened it my heart began pounding. And I began reading:

Jena,

I'm sorry I was such a bad person to you, I wish I could take it all back. I heard today that you were pregnant by me and I am so sorry for that. I never meant to hurt you, I just love you so much it makes me do some really stupid things. I know it seems as if I hated you and I hate myself for making it seem like that. I wish I could have been a better person to you but now I have to pay for what I did to you. You are better off without me in your life. You need someone that is going to always be there for you and will never hurt you, that guy for you is someone who is already there with you. I hope that someday you can forgive me. I know that time is nowhere near though. I have to end my life to make it a safer place for you and our child. I don't want our child around me, I might hurt it. Please, don't put my name on it's birth certificate..put Hunter's because I know he will be there for the baby and I know he'll take good care of both of you. I don't want that child to know that it's dad was an abusive, rapist to it's wonderful mom. I'm sorry that I can't be there to help raise that child and love it. But I need to do this, I can't live with myself anymore. Jena, I love you and our child..and I'm sorry.

Love,

Jason.

________________

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Sorry it took so long, I didn't mean for it to take so long.

I got a little teary-eyed writing this one!

Votes & Comments are welcome! :)

xoxo