Chapter 38

y'all...i am so sick and i'm literally coughing up a lung lol but i really have been wanting to write this chapter for a while. it's really long and i REALLY hope you like it. and just like last time, here are the songs i listened to while writing this that really matched the mood of this chapter!

((p.s. this is probably one of my favorite chapters))  oh! and if you want to know what luke's place looks like, go to iwriteabout5sos.tumblr.com/damagelocations

Wait by M83

Going to California by Led Zeppelin

Sunday Morning by Acid House Kings

Harvest Moon by Neil Young

***

LUKE

9:25. Saturday morning

Mia comes padding down the stairs and walking towards the dining room, wearing my fuzzy grey dress socks and my high school sweatshirt. Dark brown, curly hair framing her face like a goddamn halo.

My sweatshirt practically swallows her up, but still only hits the top of her thighs - undeniably sexy but in an unassuming way. She notices that I'm looking and laughs, sheepishly pulling the sweatshirt down before sitting in the chair across from me at the dining table.

Mia looks out the floor-to-ceiling walls that surround the dining room and pushes a bit of hair behind her ear, leaning her elbows against the table.

"Did you sleep well?" she asks.

I almost never sleep well. "Yeah, fine. You?"

She laughs a little and nods. "Mm-hmm."

I clear my throat. "Were you uncomfortable? Cold?"

"No, I always sleep really well when I come over." She looks down and smiles but I can tell she's slightly embarrassed. "I'm sorry I come over a lot."

"No." I shake my head. "I like when you come over."

There's a short silence.

And then I interject again. "Are you sure you slept well?"

"Yes, Luke," she laughs. "I slept like a baby."

"Okay." I take a sip of my coffee and then look over at her. "Oh right, do you want something to eat?"

"Kinda," she bites her lip. "But don't inconvenience yourself!"

"It's no problem. What do you want? Cereal? Fruit?" I stand up then fiddle with my lip ring nervously. I'm probably majorly fucking this up. "I'd give you waffles or eggs benedict or something but Nilda took her day off."

She shakes her head ardently. "No, seriously, I wouldn't want to inconvenience you or anything. Just fruit is fine."

I walk around the wine rack wall to the kitchen on the other side and reach into the fridge. Fortunately, there's some mixed fruit that Nilda prepared yesterday. I spoon some out into a white bowl and stick a fork in it, hoping it looks good enough.

"Did you want something to drink?" I say from the kitchen, loudly enough so she'll hear.

"Ummm...just orange juice is fine."

I pour out a glass on my way out the kitchen, bringing the carton with me into the dining room.

I hand the bowl of fruit to Mia and set the glass down in front of her. Her eyes brighten up and she thanks me, adjusting her legs so she's sitting criss-cross in the chair before grabbing the fork.