Chapter 12

Thanks again for reading my story.

Magnus POV

I watched as Alec and the others planned Robert's rescue. After Alec had gotten better we had decided to call The Clave and told them everything. They sent over at least a dozen shadowhunters to help us. I personally told them of what I witnessed at the battle at Alicante all those years ago, even though I'm sure they knew all about it.

I find it extremely weird how they only sent a dozen even though they know what we are most likely going up against. I looked over at the shadowhunters that were scattered across the library. They're hiding something. Deciding to voice my new found suspicions I walked up to Alec and pulled him out of the library, away from anyone who would try and listen.

He looked up at me, concerned, "What is it Magnus? Is everything alright?" I looked down at him and shook my head.

"I think the shadowhunters that The Clave sent in are hiding something." he gave me a perplexed expression, "I mean I told them everything I know about Vladmir and Damien and yet they don't even seem the slightest bit concerned."

Alec only nodded, taking his time to think about what I just told him.

"I don't want to just push your worries aside because as I'm thinking about I believe that you are right. But if we try and find out what is really going on then we are giving Damien more time with my dad to use him."

I nodded, understanding what he was saying. "You're right, I'm sorry. I'm sure it's not even anything."

He shook his head, "That's not what I'm saying Mags. I just-" I silenced him with a kiss. It wasn't supposed to be a long and passionate one but just a quick one to get him to stop talking, so that's what it was.

"It's okay Alec. Let's get back to the library." I suggested. He grabbed my hand and we made our way back to the library.

"So is everyone clear on what we're doing? There is no room for uncertainty. And I don't mind leaving ninety percent of you here. Just so we're all on the same page." Jace said as we walked in.

He looked over at us, "Are you guys done with your before the battle sex? Can we go now?" I laughed and looked at Alec to see his face was redder than a tomato.

I smirked at Jace, "Trust me, I couldn't finish in that small amount of time."

Jace gagged while Alex just tugged on my hand, "Magnus!" The other shadowhunters around the room looked uncomfortable. Before I could say something that would make them more uncomfortable, make Jace puke, and turn Alec's whole body red Clary walked in.

"Is everyone ready?" Everyone nodded, ready to get out of the room. Alec and I were the last ones to walk out. I pulled back a little and when everyone was out of earshot I stopped walking completely. He looked up at me with confusion swimming around in his beautiful, blue eyes.

"No matter what happens out there, I love you. I am in love with you. Anyone before you doesn't matter and there will never be anyone after you," I put my forehead on his, closing my eyes, "because Alexander Gideon Lightwood we are forever and always. Aku cinta kamu."

After a few seconds I opened my eyes and saw that my dear blue eyed angel was crying. I chuckled before wiping away a few of his tears. He brought his hands up to the back of my neck and pulled my lips down to his. The kiss was slow and a little wet from his tears. It was the best kiss we've ever shared.

When he pulled away I opened my eyes to see him smiling brightly up at me, "Magnus Bane, I love you with everything I am and nothing will ever change that." I nodded, but before I could bring him back into another kiss someone interrupted our moment.

"Come on lovebirds. We've got an old man to save. Oh and those other people. If they're not dead of course." Alec chuckled before weaving his hands through mine and leading us out of the Institute to where Clary had opened a portal in the back.

By the time we got there all of the shadowhunters who had been sent to help already went through. Jace, Clary, Simon, and Isabelle were the only ones left. We all gave each other that look. The look that says 'if you die tonight I'll kill you.'

Simon cleared his throat, "So I really love all of you guys and I know this rescue mission is going to be very dangerous so I just wanted you all to know that." he said, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

I smiled at him, "I love me too Sherwood." He frowned while Jace laughed, patting him on the back.

"Turn that frown upside down. Time to go stare death right in the face before we kick its ass."

Let me tell you, some pretty exciting things are going to start happening. We'll find out some secrets and meet some people. Can anyone think of who we'll meet and what we'll find out? Comment your answer. Don't forget to vote if you liked the chapter.