Chapter 5

When they finished eating Ace payed the bill and they left, David wanted to show Ace the place where everything faded away, from his sadness and anger to his stress and anxiety.
"C-can we go somewhere Ace" he asked nervous. Ace looked at him than nodded. They drove to Milford Lake there was a certain part where no one went, no one knew about but David. When they pulled up, David got out and grabbed Ace's hand and lead him through the woods, under and over things the sun was still somewhat visible so it wasn't hard to see where they were going. Ace felt honored to be able to see David's hidding place, they stopped at a clearing their was a wooden bench and a view of the entire lake and woods, you wouldn't be able to tell that because the clearing was unnoticed if they were at the trail leading to the lake.

They sat down on the bench and looked out over the clearing. "Do you like it" asked David hypnotized by the view, Ace smiled as he looked at David his brown-green eyes sparkled because of the sun making them look even brighter, and more beautiful than usual. He had a sly smile on his face that showed his happiness, he couldn't really understand what was happening with them but he wanted it to last for as long as forever would allow.

David was so in tuned with the view that he didn't noticed that Ace was staring at him, he blushed but still stared at the view. Taking in the smell of the water, the chirpping of the birds, the calmness of the October air it made him feel all the weight of the world was off his shoulders.

"Why does this place make you happy, besides the amazing view" asked Ace, for some reason he just had to know.
"I like how I'm free here and how after a long day I can come here and everything would disappear no more problems, stressing and whatever else is thrown my way you know" said David. Ace's arm went around David's shoulder slightly pulling him closer David didn't mind he felt happy that he could be this close and open with someone like Ace.

"I like this, we should do it more often you know I would love to hang out with you all the time" said Ace he looked down at David and he was sound asleep, he was breathing in and out quiet and peaceful, he looked so cute all he wanted was to kiss him and taste his sweet lips. David snuggled into him, this is their first date, though he may not know it.

"David, come on let's go you seem tired" said Ace waking up David softly. "Huh, mmm stop I'm sleepy" mumbled David exhausted. "I know but the faster we leave the faster you can get in bed and go to sleep" he said lightly push him. "I wanna... Sleep in the bed....wit-with you Ace" mumbled David sleepily. Ace face turned scarlet his heart begin to speed up fast, for knew that David meant it even if he was sleep, and the idea didn't seem half bad.

"As tempting as that sounds this is only our first date" said Ace jokingly, though he really wanted that to happen. David eyes shot up, and he looked at Ace wide eyed, Ace let out a light chuckle. "I'm kidding now come on your tired as hell and should go home." Said Ace. David gave a smile and got up taking Ace's hand, and he couldn't let it go he was now use to it, being able to hold his big firm hand yet soft, lit a small blaze in his heart.....
Something he'd never felt with anyone.