Chapter 1

8a.m. Stevie's alarm goes off. Stevie stretches and rolls over to turn it off. She lays on her back and stares at the ceiling not wanting to move.
It's the first day back to school and Stevie is not ready to start waking up early again. She turns on the radio hoping it would give her motivation to get up.

"Yo yo yo! Good morning Carson! Did you miss me? For those of you who don't know, I'm Ally Hills and this is C.S.U.R. Carson State University Radio. I want to take this moment to...."

Stevie climbs out of bed and goes to the bathroom. She doesn't have class until 11 but she wanted to get breakfast and had a few runs to make to get her schedule straight. With Ally's voice in the background, Stevie gets ready for her day.

After two and a half hours of running around campus and being rejected from numerous campus jobs, Stevie made her way to her first class, English 2. She walks in and sees her bestfriend Ari.

"Yes! We have a class together!" Stevie said, sitting next to Ari.

"Yep! I just transferred." She replied.

"Any luck with getting a job?"

"No." Stevie replied, putting her head down. "This morning has been the worst."

Ari rubs Stevie's back.

"Mr. S! We meet again!" Ally yells walking in the class.

"Hey Ally. It's good to see you." Mr. S. kindly responds.

"Do you mind if I make a quick announcement?"

Mr. S looks at the clock. "You have two minutes."

"You the man Mr. S. Okay, I know you all heard this on the radio earlier but for those of you that didn't I am looking for a new partner in crime for the show. You'll have to get up early but it's so worth it. The job pays 9 bucks an hour and it's totally fun. So if you're interested let me know after class or stop by my room. I stay in Hayes Hall room 222." Ally nods to Mr. S thanking him for letting her make the announcement and heads to a seat.

"Stevie, why don't you do it."Ari suggested.

"Do what?" Stevie asked appalled.

"Work at C.S.U.R with Ally!"

"Noooo, no, no, no."

"Why not? You need a job."

"Because Ally Hills is so obnoxious. I don't think I could take working with her."

"Come on. You love to talk and give advice and stuff. You could have an "Ask Stevie" advice segment or something."

"That's true but no. I'm waiting to hear from that phone-a-thon thing."

"Fine, but promise if you don't get that job, you'll talk to Ally."

Stevie pauses to think about it and then agrees.  After her second class of the day, Stevie heads to her room. When she gets there she throws her bag on the floor, lays in the bed, and waits for an email for the phone-a-thon job.
About two and a half hours has passed and Stevie has fallen asleep. Her phone buzzes waking her from her nap. Stevie checks her phone. When she notices it's the email she's been waiting for she sits up quickly and crosses her fingers hoping to get the job.

"Hi, Ms. Boebi! Thank you so much for submitting an application! Unfortunately, all the positions have been filled. However, we will keep your application close in case anything opens up. Thank you and good luck this semester!"

Stevie sighs in frustration. "I just knew I was going to get that job." She says to herself. The conversation between her and Ari replays in her head. After a few moments of debating whether or not she should go talk to Ally about the job, Stevie finally decides she"ll keep her promise. She walks down the hall to Ally's room and knocks on the door.

"It's open!" Ally yells though the door.
Stevie opens the door slowly and peeks her head in the room to see Ally in boxer shorts, a plain white t-shirt and glasses. "Hi." She says.

Ally, sitting at her desk working, looks up and greets Stevie. "Hey."

"Is this a bad time?"

"No, not at all. Come on in."

"It's Stevie, right?" Ally asked as Stevie walks into the room. Stevie nods. "Yeah, we've had a few classes together over the years including this year."

"Yep." Stevie agrees.

"So, what's up?"

"Well, I was here about the job at the station."

"Really?!" Ally says, jumping out of her seat in excitement. "I mean... umm... really?" Stevie laughs and nods. "Well, have a seat." Ally suggests. "So, what are your hours like?" She asks as they sit.

"Well, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays," Stevie begins, "my first class starts at 11:00am and my last class is over at 1:00pm. On Tuesdays and Thursdays my first class is at 9:00am and my last class is over at 12:00pm." She pauses. "Oh, and I have a night class on Wednesdays from 5-8pm."

"Alright alright. Sounds good. If you were to get the job, you work from 6am to 11am on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays, 7pm-11pm on Tuesdays Thursdays, and 7am-12pm on Saturdays. Would that be okay?"

"Ummm yeah. Perfect."

"Cool! Are you going to the back to school rally tonight?"

"Yes I am."

"Well, I'm hosting and maybe you could co-host so I can see what you got."

"Like...an audition?"

"Exactly!"

"But aren't I the only one who has asked about the job?"

Ally pauses and pretends she didn't hear Stevie. "So the rally is at 8, but meet me there an hour before so we can get you ready."