CH 3 - Good News!!!!!!!!

I went into the kitchen hoping to find aunty Amina (Ziners'a mom) but there I only saw Ammi. So I asked where is she and Ammi said that aunty and uncle will come next Monday cause of Sufiyan's exams.

Then I told Ammi that me and Zinera are going in my room.

"So wassup babe!" I said.

"Nothing much" she said again smiling like an idiot.

I knew that there is something she is dying to tell me. So finally I asked her.

"C'mon spill the beans."

"OK. I can't hold it any more" I was waiting patiently for her to continue then she said.

"You remember Rizwan?"

"Yeah the one you had a crush in college"
She again blushed.

"Yes!"

"What about him?"

"Mmmmmmm he....actually.... his..."she was going nowhere.

" ZINERA just say it"I mean she never hesitated before. What is it? Although I had a hint but I wanted it out from her mouth.

"Hisparentsaskedformyhandinmarriage"

"O.M.G really!!!" I squealed

"Yes"

"And........."

"Abbu Ammi said yes"

"That's great mashaallah, what did you said?"

"I also said yes!" And with that she covered her tomato red face with her hands .

"Well that was obvious" I laughed

"And the engagement date is also fixed"

I widened my eyes at that statement "and when is that ?" I asked

"On 1st August"

"And you are telling me now , when everything is fixed , you tell me everything Zinu then why did u hide this from me?" My tone became a bit sad. And I was a bit sad coz she tells me like everything even if she has a pimple she would tell me about that. And this was much bigger then that.

"I am sorry Zoha. But Ammi told me not to spread the news until it was fixed."

"So you didn't trust me with that, I get it now." now I was really sad.

"Please Zoha please forgive me. I will never do that again. I promise. Please forgive me" her voice cracked . And when I looked up at her she looked like she was about to cry.

"Promise me you will not do that again!"I can't be angry with her after all she was doing according to her mother's wish. And it is said that forgive people as quickly as you want to be forgiven from Allah.

"I promise"

"I forgive you" and with that I hugged her tightly.

"Zoha Zinera dinner is ready. Come down and help me set the table" it was Ammi.

"Comming Ammi"

"Comming aunty"

Today the dinner was special. Ammi made fried chicken for starter chicken biryani as main course and gajar(carrot) ka halwa(corrot is grated and cooked adding sugar, milk and other things) as sweet dish. Yummmmmyy.

At dinner table Sohail Bhai(brother) was also there. So I greeted him and talked a bit with him. He is a software engineer. And he has a very handsomely paying job. As I was talking with him I glanced at Mehr. She was looking dreamy-ly at him.

I knew that Mehr has a crush on him. And why not he is very handsome and is successful. But I always looked at him like an older brother. But Mehr was looking at him in a very different way.

After everyone gathered on the table we started eating. I was about to announce Zinera's engagement when Ammi said to Abbu about it. And everyone was shocked at first. Which made Zinera a bit nervous.

Then Abbu congratulated her and then everyone started to congratulate her. Then Sohail bhai cleared his throat and everyone looked at him.

"I also have something to tell you all"

I frowned.

"Yes beta(child) go ahead" Abbu said.

"I....I am......also.....getting engaged" he said. Everyone was silent. I immediately looked towards Mehr. She sat in her place frozen. I could see tears forming in her eyes. Oh my poor baby. I felt sad for her.

It was Abbu who broke the silence. He and Ammi congratulated him and my brother claped on his back. He just blushed in embarrassment. I was just sitting there dumbfounded. I think Mehr just lost her appetite and excused herself.

I made a mental note to talk to her afterwards. It was a very eventful day to be honest.

After I helped Ammi with the dishes and everything in the kitchen I went to my room and saw Zinera already in my bed. We always share a bed when she visits.

I told her I will be back in 10 min coz I have to do something. Then I went to Mehr's room. I knocked on her door. No reply "Mehr its me" I called out for her and knocked again.

I heard her foot steps. When she opened her door slightly I could see her eyes were red and puffy.

"May I come in?"I asked softly. She opened and step aside for me to come in. Her room was small compared to mine. I sat on her bed and she plopped on it. She knew why I was here. Coz she once confessed to me her feelings for Sohail Bhai.

" Mehr how are you feeling?" I know that it was a stupid question but I wanted to start the conversation.

"I feel stupid di (di/didi big sister), why did I ever hoped that to happen, I mean he is so handsome and successful and is so religious. I am none of that. I mean yeah I am religious, but..." She trailed off and started crying silently. I can't see her like this.

I went closer to her and hold her in a hug. She cluched my kurta and sobbed. I let her pour he heart out.

I tried to sooth her.
"Let it all out baby. It's OK to cry. It's better to let it out then to bottle it up inside. You are just 19 baby you have your whole life ahead of you. Don't be sad. And after all it was one sided. Now is the best time to turn to Allah and ask for his forgiveness for all the sins you did till now. You know we all need a trigger to turn to Allah and realise that we were off from our path. And this , baby is your trigger." I told her as I stroked her hairs gently.

She stopped crying. And looked at me "Jazakalla di I will remember this, please stay till I fall asleep!"

"Of course baby I will." I stayed till she fell asleep.

Then I went in my room and saw that Zinera was already asleep. She was obviously tired from traveling. I also decided to sleep and with Mehr in my mind I fell asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So guys tell me how it was and of course comment and vote. Please guys don't be a silent reader. Yours votes encourages me.
See till next update in shaa Allah

Allah Hafiz