Chapter 7

The door upstairs opened. I heard the chains around my wrist clank together. Ace walked downstairs and pulled up a chair in front of me.

"Don't I have some good news for you?" He asked and pulled out his phone.

He clicked something on the phone and put it in my hands. I sat there in shock. Ace raped Jennifer. "You fucking bastard." I screamed at him.

"Oh, it gets better."

No, it got worse. I couldn't watch this anymore. Ace chuckled. Tears fell down my face. "What ever happened to me being able to see Jen?"

"There's been a slight change of plans."

I sighed and pushed myself up against the wall. "You're just some liar like the rest of the world."

Ace pushed the chair back. I winced as he came up to me. "You better watch your damn tone." That's all he said as he turned his back away from me.

Earlier, I was picking at the handcuffs around my wrists. I heard a clicking sound and pushed myself onto my knees. I pushed myself up and braced myself for the impact of Ace's body hitting the concrete wall in front of him. With all my might, I tackled him straight in the wall. His head bounced back and he collapsed on the floor.

Footsteps came running downstairs. I ran for cover. "Shit!" Someone yelled. "He's knocked unconscious!"

I let out a shaky sigh. "Wait," another guy looked around. "Where's the guy?"

"Oh shit."

The men ran upstairs. I waited for the room to be clear and then came from my hiding spot. I searched for a phone. When I found one, I quietly headed upstairs. I saw a back entrance and headed out through the back entrance. The coast was clear and I took off. It was all woods and there was no sign of light. I began to dial Jen's number. She picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?" She asked sleepily.

"Jen, are you okay?" I asked rushed.

"Adrian?"

(A/N Jen's POV) I sat up from lying down. "Adrian, are you okay?"

"No. No, I am not okay."

"What's wrong?" I asked and put my phone on speaker as I got up from the bed.

"I don't have time to explain. I need you to write down any information you hear, alright?"

Grabbing a pen and paper, I began writing down what he told me to. Once he was done, I said, "Please, let me go get you."

"No, you can't. It's too dangerous. I need you to go tell your sister . . ." I heard sudden screaming on the other end.

Tears formed in my eyes. "Don't come looking for him, or else we'll blow a hole in your pretty boy's head."

The line ended at that. I threw on some normal clothes and grabbed the keys to my car that Maddie brought over for me. Heading outside, I got into the car and headed to the one person who knew this town better than anyone.

Pulling into the driveway, I got out of the car. "Birkley, open up!" I pounded on the door. "Please!"

I let out a shaky sigh and ran a hand through my hair as tears fell down my face. The door flew open and there stood Birkley.

"Are you okay?" He asked and allowed me into his house.

I shook my head as Birkley let me sit down on the couch. "Adrian called me." I stated.

"How?" Birkley asked.

"I – I don't know, he just called me out of the blue."

"Did he give you any details of where he could be?"

"He just told me that there was woods surrounding where he was. That's all he said. I have a phone number, if that's all."

I gave it to Birkley. I stood up and Birkley came up to me. "Listen, we'll find him, okay? Even if it kills me."

Birkley rested his hands on my shoulders. "They said they'll kill him," I didn't even look at Birkley. "If me or anyone came looking for Adrian."

"I won't let that happen, alright? Just hang in there." Birkley pulled me into a hug.

Please, just bring Adrian home safe.

There are hundreds of miles of forests in this town. I sat on the front step of the lake house when someone pulled up. I looked up from the ground and saw it was Mr. Merritt.

I got up to go run into the house, but he stopped me. "I just want to talk."

"Talk about what? We've got nothing to talk about."

"Those cops are getting God awful close to my property. I suggest you call them off."

Turning around, I let out a shaky sigh. "No. No, not until they find Adrian."

I walked into the house and locked the front door. I walked into the kitchen and opened several bottles of alcohol. If Adrian is dead, who cares if I am? All I do is cause problems. I began to down drink after drink after drink. It's been nearly a month and a half since Adrian went missing. I began to feel dizzy as I dropped the bottle that was in my hand. When my knees buckled under me, I fell to the floor into the shards of broken glass and alcohol.

The sound of the door was one of the last sounds I heard before falling into the darkness around me.