Chapter 45

Me and Tristen were having a blast. I was having so much fun with him. He made me feel alive, I don't know what it was but he filled in the hole in my heart that was missing. We were dancing and having fun and we decided to go back to his place. I wasn't ready for anything serious to happen, but if it did; I told myself I would try.

We pulled up at his apartment and I instantly started to sweat. My heart was pounding in my chest as he came around and opened the door for me.

" Are you okay? I can take you home if you want if you don't feel comfortable being here..." he trailed off.

I felt so guilty. I wanted to be here with him, but I don't know if this is the right time.I was thinking maybe home was a good idea. Against my better judgement I went along with it and decided to stay.

" Yeah, I am okay. I'm just a little nervous that's all." I admitted.

" You have nothing to worry about, I would never hurt you and I won't make you do anything that you don't want to do." he smiled.

Why have I heard that before? Oh yeah that's right Chase, because of him I don't trust anyone when they say something like that to me. I had to convince myself that Tristen wasn't like that with me. I just hope I wasn't wrong about him.

I put my hand on his cheek gently and leaned in forward and kissed him, " I don't fully trust you yet, but I wanna give you a chance. Please don't dissappoint me. Please." I pleaded.

He kissed me back and said, " I would never hurt you like Chase did. I can promise that."

I raised one eyebrow, " How can you be so sure?"

He smiled so big I thought he looked like a kid in a candy store. " Because, when I kiss you I get this feeling that I never had before, fireworks go off and my heart breaks when i'm not with you. "

I felt the tears in my eyes start to swell. I didn't know what to say. He had me speechless. Instead I hugged him like I would never let him go and kissed his cheek.

" Come on, let's go inside before we freeze out here." he said as he tugged on my hand for me to get up.

I haden't realized that we were still out in his car. I wipped the tears away that kept falling. Tristen made me happy and Chase made me hurt, but at the same time I love Chase and I always will. I want to get over Chase, and maybe Tristen can show me how.