0.5

nicks head was buried in violet's pillow as she read him her poems. her soft voice making him smile.

at this point, nick had gotten her to open up just a bit more.

violet was always a fragile girl. words hurt her quickly and all this time nick has been trying to be so delicate with her and not break her. and violet appreciated it.

it was a cold sunday, the winter air still sending shivers when violet's bare feet would touch the cold floor. violet softly read to nick as he was snuggled in her bed in blankets. she sat at her desk, wearing one of his hoodies that keep her warm and her warm pajama pants. he laughed at her pink cloud pajama pants but she snarled back at him with his cartoon briefs. which he questioned because he swears she's never seen them.

"no but your mom came in with the laundry and they were laying on the top." she replied.

nick shook his head, a smile creeping up on his face. "i guess i shouldn't be making you wait for me when you come over."

violet nods, agreeing because nick had left her awkwardly sitting in his room because he had to work on an assignment at school.

"you know violet, my cartoon briefs are awesome."

violet shakes her head, closing her journal and sitting on the bed facing nick.

he looked adorably comfortable sinking in blankets.

and she looked beautiful looking down at him.

the next day

violet's headphones were plugged into her ears as she sulked into her jacket from the freezing cold.

her music was blasting in her ears. ben howard filling her heart with his words. 

as violet entered the school she couldn't help to feel happy coming here. she was absolutely scared at first. people still think shes weird. but now she's part of nick. they're the mysterious two of the school. 

violet is what makes nick smile. his adorable little smile. his adorable eye wrinkles. she's doing girls a favor. 

nicks hands grab violet from her arms. she jumps a little, scared. a small smile forms on her face as she realizes its nick. 

"don't do that, you'll give me a heart attack one day." 

he laughs, shaking his head as they start to walk to class. 

"violet, have you ever thought about writing poems to the public?" 

violet glanced at him, confused. "public?" 

"yeah like for a newspaper or something." 

she shakes her head. "i don't think my poems or writing is good enough for anything." 

nick pouts, "i love your poems and writings." 

"yeah but because you're my friend. you're forced to like what i do." violet smiled before turning away and walking to her seat that sadly was across the room from nick. 

he sighed, for some reason every time she calls him a 'friend' he gets a little disappointed. but he just doesn't know why. 

nick walks violet home everyday, both of them walking side by side as they share a side of earphones to listen to music. 

this is what they loved about each other. they don't even need to talk but it still feels like something great. just to have someone there instead of being lonely. 

nick pulled on violets arm, leading her to the railway. 

"what are you doing?" she asked, her soft voice sending shivers to nick. 

"i found a shortcut last time." he smiled, "and i found something i think you'll like." 

violets eyes gleamed, "what is it?" 

"you'll have to see." he said pulling her in front of him as he watched her walk in the middle of the railway. the wind making her hair fly everywhere and her nose being a light shade of red and how every time she would turn around to see him she'd be smiling widely. 

maybe nick found her as more than just a friend. 

a/n; sorry i suck and this is shitty and that i dont update as much but i honestly love writing this bc its so different than my other stories and idk i just really love this.