Chapter 8

Chapter 8

After what felt like hours of me attempting to sleep, Simon reached over and touched my shoulder.
"Are you awake?" He whispers, quiet encase i'm not. He scooches closer to me in the darkness of the back of the Jeep.
He rested his back against the wall, beside me, and looked at me expectantly.
I blink the tiredness out of my eyes before I respond.
"Yes," I responded, sitting up from my uncomfortable position I had been lying in.

"Are you okay?" He asked, this time biting his lip. I knew right away what he was referring to.

I thought about it for a moment. If he had asked me when I first had thought Derek died, or in the aftermath of being shoved into the Jeep, of course I would have said no. But after a while of convincing myself that 'Derek is okay. NOT dead,' and deep breaths, I had been able to calm down a bit.

"Yes," I hesitated,"but it was really scary when Derek got shot, it looked like a real gun."
I mentally scolded myself for how childish scary sounded.

Simon nodded, thankfully ignoring my choice of words. "It really did seem real huh?" He asked, taking a deep breath and running his hand through his hair. "In all the confusion and then they were holding real guns, and it looked like a real bullet and I just-" He cut himself off with a rattling breath. "I've never been that scared before in my life. Even when we were running from the Edison group. Hell, not even when we were imprisoned by the Eison group. And at least when Dad when missing, the first time, I had Derek. Derek is my brother, I can't imagine not having him around, you know?"

I nod, because it's true. Derek may not be my brother, but I can't imagine the thought of losing either him or Simon, it'd be unbearable.

"Im sorry I'm babbling," Simon started again, "but you're the only one that will really listen right now. Ever really. Have you ever tried talking to Derek about things? Like feelings? No, you wouldn't, because although he's got a great heart, he's not very good at giving advice. Especially about the ladies." He wiggled his eyebrows, obviously trying to lighten the mood.
"Oh yes, because you really need help with that," I said sarcastically, remembering what Derek had told me about Simon's many lady friends.
"Derek could help with that a bit probably," I told him, raising my eyebrows.
He grinned, "you never know."
"Well, " I said slowly, "Derek got me, and I'm a real catch, so maybe you actually could do with some help from the love machine."
"The love machine?" Simon sounded horrified.
"Oh yes, the looovee machine." This was the first real time i've ever joked with Simon like this, and I was enjoying every minute of it.
"Well, I'll tell you what," he proposed, his mouth twitching, "next time you get the chance, tell Derek about his nickname, he'll love it." Sarcasm dripped from his every word and he smiled while adding, "and make sure I'm there."
"Done deal."
"Okay."
"Okay."
"Don't" Simon warned, "I see what you're starting, and don't."
I pout, cross my arms and give him a pointed look.

"Thank you," Simon said, the smile fading from his face, "I needed a distraction."
"Same." I slide down the wall and rested my head in Simon's lap, not as a romantic or intimate gesture, like with Derek, but in more like a comfortable sisterly way.

Simon wrapped his arms around me harder and pulls me forward a bit so my head is resting on his arms.
"You can sleep a bit if you want," he whispers.
"I'm not tired," I whisper it back, merely because he was whispering.
But, already I felt my eyelids drooping and it took only moments for sleep to pull me away.

Heyyyy. Whoa I updated fast this time! It's short but I felt like that was a good place to end it:) I will be updating next at least by Tuesday so in 3 days tops.

So I'm sorry this chapter may be confusing and horrible written but I'm tired asf so next chapter will be betterrr.

Ok so also, in this chapter, one of them says "and" at the beginning of the sentence, I noticed it and realize it's incorrect grammar-wise, but it fit the sentence so yeah, if anyone notices it (and I'm sure they will,) I did it purposely!

Ok you guys 400 READS?? Every chapter there's like 100 more and ahh I'm so thankful❤️❤️

Remember to vote + comment! ILY💓