Chapter Eleven

Rigan kept to her word, which meant she was serious about how Rachel would come and haunt us both. She even came round in the morning to help me sort out what to wear. When I saw her, something told me that she was trying to make an impression for Carlisle; her locks were super shiny and in huge waves, she had full eye make-up on, she had black feather earrings in her ears, she wore a black Dolman top, with a small Victorian burlesque silver necklace, PU side leggings and indigo boots with gold buckles.  

When Edward arrived, his eyes widened when he saw me. I blushed. Rigan had put me in an emerald green, a gold butterfly necklace, a zipless grey leather jacket, indigo denim jeggings and brown leather boots wwith gold buckles. I had protested but she had not listened.

"Wow," was all Edward could say. He looked at Rigan. "Have you been talking to Alice?"

"Nope," Rigan replied. "But I have picked up some style advice from Veronica. I guess it's paid off."

"Have you by any chance made an effort for Carlisle?" Edward then asked.

Rigan shrugged. She didn't say anything all the way to the Cullen house so Edward must have hit a sore spot. He noticed as well and he gave her slightly apologetic looks now and again but Rigan didn't notice; she kept staring out of the window. 

The Cullen house was situated in the woods. It was gorgeous and three storeys high, made mostly of wood and glass. The garage was situated next to the house and the driveway was big enough to fit four cars. 

But when we stepped into the house itself, even Rigan was absolutely speechless.

The inside was light and open. The entrance hall had two stairs, one that went up and one that led down into the amazing living room. Self-painted portraits and photographs hung from the pearly white walls.

"This is classy," Rigan said. "Nothing like any other vampire hide-out I've seen before. There's almost always a moat or a dungeon somewhere. Coffins not so much, though."

"This is also another reason why our family is unique," Edward said. 

Rigan then looked down into the living room and gasped. "A piano forte! You have a fricking piano forte!"

Edward chuckled. "Your love of music has not faded," he said, amused. He then turned to me. "This is the one place we don't have to hide."

I then took a whiff, smelling food. Although Rigan and I just had lunch, I was suddenly hungry. Rigan and her supernatural nose for food also noticed. 

"Yum! Italian!" she said.

"I told them not to do this," Edward muttered. "Carlisle insisted."

"Is she even Italian?" a sneery tone asked. Rosalie.

"Her name is Bella," the husky voice of Emmett Cullen replied, as if that should explain everything.

"Besides, Rigan loves Italian," a motherly voice added. "No matter what, they will love it nonetheless."

"Phew! Get a whiff of that!" Rosalie then said as we were at the landing of the stairs. "Here come the Mordains!"

When we entered the even more amazing kitchen, a woman with caramel locks and gold-brown irises had hurried up to us. She was amazing, like a fairy tale princess in real life, like Aurora or Snow White in the flesh. She was dressed in a purple blouse and black skirt.

"Bella, Rigan, we're making Italiano for you," she said.

"My nose never lies," Rigan said quietly.