Chapter Thirteen

"Bella, we're leaving now!" Rigan shouted as I briskly followed her. "We need to leave Forks ASAP!"

"You're not going anywhere until you tell us what the hell is going on!" Carlisle said as he and the rest of the family followed closely behind us.

"This is not your fight, Carlisle! Besides, we don't need you!" Rigan snarled coldly, glaring at him, the storm suddenly at a high intensity.

Carlisle looked incredibly hurt. "We want to help," he managed to say. "Whether you like it or not, the both of you are part of this family now and we always help family."

"A bit too late with the Happy Families, unc," Rigan snapped. "You're wasting our time, or are you trying to get us killed? It wouldn't be the first time." 

"I need to go home, though," I pointed out. "Charlie doesn't know how to defend himself against something that is a) faster than him and b) cannot be killed unless using Mordain power."

Rigan nodded curtly. "We'll go to your house first; I'll use a mind trick Rachel taught me on him. Then we're going to head away to a better battle ground. One that will give us the advantage."

"What about us?" Emmett asked.

Rigan glared coolly at the Cullens. "Do what you please. Just make sure that you stay out of our way should we need to use our powers. We don't want any collaterol damage now, do we?" She grinned wickedly at their slightly anxious looks.

Edward took Rigan and me back in the Land Rover. He was just as impatient as Rigan was, which I guessed make them mutual allies.

"James is a tracker, isn't he?" he said to Rigan.

"Knowing you, you just want to see what I know," Rigan said. "But yes, he is. He was an amazing tracker when he was human too; his parents died young so he had to learn from the age of eleven. After he was turned by a vampire named Ariel Beau-Pre after he lost a tracking contest, the hunt became his obsession; he lived for it. Bella and I have made this his most exciting game yet."

"Because you managed to beat him," Edward said.

"Affirmative," Rigan agreed. "He's now never going to stop, unless we rip his head off and then burn both the head and the body, which is the old but yet affective method of getting rid of Ice Category vampires. That, and using pyrokinesis."

"How do you know so much?" Edward asked.

"Rachel," was all Rigan said, grinning.

When we got to my house, Edward waited in the car while Rigan and I went in. While I went up to my room, shouting at Rigan to get out because I was angry at her for leaving me alone with Edward Cullen (seriously, Oscar nomination anyone?!), Rigan shrugged at Charlie.

"Cullen has had a crush on her for ages," she said, grinning at Charlie. "I was only trying to help."

Charlie chuckled. "Oh, dear. I can see why Bella is in a bad mood with you."

Rigan chuckled too. "Bella loves me too much to stay angry for long; I'm just too huggable! Hey, I'm kinda dehydrated. Could I have a glass of water?"

The next thing I heard downstairs was the sound of someone falling with a nasty thud onto the floor, with an after sound that sounded like a crunch!

I ran downstairs to see Charlie faced down on the carpet with multiple neon purple, silver and pink runes floating around him. Rigan was standing a few feet away from him, her body outlined in the same colors as the runes and her eyes were glowing piercing red.

"Was that really necessary? I bet his nose is broken now!" I snapped. 

"Oh, he's fine!" Rigan reassured as she returned to normal. "He's only taking a little nap. Believe me, I was contemplating mashing that ugly china vase over there over his head but then I thought it would a) leave more evidence and b) take away some of that much needed intelligence so I did the next best thing!"