Chapter 6: Takes Time

Jay's POV:

It's been one week since Erin was raped. When the rape kit came back no diseases showed up, and she wasn't pregnant... Thank god. Lately she's been super distant, but I don't blame her. She also has been running every night, and barley eats. I'm really scared she's falling into a depression or something, so tonight I going to talk to her. Hopefully I can get through to her, and show her I love her.

Currently Erin's out running, and I'm going to make us dinner. She's been out for an hour, and should be back in 5 minutes. Then she will take a super long shower, and then come out in sweats. Then we order some takeout, and watch a movie till she falls asleep. I decide to make chicken Alfredo, because from the looks of it Erin needs the calories. I put the pot of water on to boil, and start cooking it. Once the water is boiling I add in the noodles, and pour the sauce over the chicken. I drain the noodles, and combine everything together, and wait for Erin on the couch.

Erin's POV:

I'm out running, my fifth night this week. Running makes me forget, and helps me clear my head. Lately, I've distanced myself from Jay. No purposely, but I hate how he looks at me like I'm going to break any second. I've been losing weight, and I have big bags under my eyes. I feel so tired, and haven't been to work since the "incident". I have barely slept, and every time I close my eyes I see it all over. And it disgusts me. I'm almost back to the apartment. As soon as I'm home, I hop into the shower, and turn the water as hot as I can handle. I feel so disgusting, and can still feel his hands on me. I begin to scrub my skin till its raw, and feel no better. I sit down in the bottom of the shower, and begin to cry. I begin to let every emotion out, knowing that Jay can't hear me.

Once I'm out of the shower I begin to dry off. I get dressed in my usual sweats, brush my hair, and throw it up in a messy bun. I put on my slippers, and begin to walk out into the living room. I see Jay sitting on the couch, and know something is up. I can tell he's frustrated on why I've been acting this way. I don't blame him, but I mean has he ever been raped? Um... No. I can't just bounce back from this and act like this never happened.

I walk over to the couch, and sit down next to Jay. "Hey" he says. "Hi" I say. "I made dinner" he says. "Okay. Then let's eat" I say. I can instantly see the surprise on his face, especially since I haven't been eating my best in the last week. We sit down at the table, and eat in silence. Once we finish dinner I say, "Go relax Jay, I'll clean up". "No, let me help you" he says. "Not a chance. Go sit down. I'll be done in a few minutes" I say. "Okay" he says. I rinse all the dishes, and load the dishwasher. I wipe down the counters, stove, and table. I also package up the leftovers.

I walk out into the living rooms, and sit on the opposite end of the couch as Jay. I grab a pillow, and pull it up to my chest. Jay shuts the TV off, and turn to look at me. He says, "Er, we need to talk". I shakily nod my head, mentally preparing myself for the emotionally draining conversation ahead. "What's going on Er? You seem so distant" he asks. "Jay I got raped. Yes I said it. It sucks, every time I close my eyes, and can feel it happening all over again. I feel like I'm being sucked into a dark hole, and I.. can't get out" I said. By now I was full out in tears, and was barely holding on. "Er I know your hurting, but you have to let me in. I want to help you, I need to help you. I just want you to know I'm always here, and you have Kim, Nadia, Gabby, Sylvie, and Hank. How can I help you deal with this?" he said, hurt clearly visible in his eyes. "I don't know Jay... I just don't know. I mean have you ever been in this kind of situation before" I ask, and instantly a dark look comes over his face. "Actually yeah. When I was with the Rangers when we where in Iraq, we where trying to save a family. The only two alive were the mother and her daughter. She was only about 7 years old. Me and my buddy Nick, went in and I grabbed the mom, and he grabbed the daughter. On the way out, he tripped on a wire, and it set off a bomb. I was a couple feet ahead off him, and I only fell to the ground. He and that little innocent girl... They died. They died Er... And it's been 4 years since, and I still see them everywhere, and have nightmares about it" he says slightly shaking. I slid down to his end of the couch, and lay my head in his lap. He begins to stroke my hair and says, "We're going to be okay Er... We're going to be okay".

===========================

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry I haven't updated in a while! Swim team is keeping me super busy, and school starts on the 8th so Wattpad falls to the back of the list sadly.

Sorry it's short, but it definitely packs a punch. Hopefully you guys enjoyed, and please leave comments! ~Emily