Morning Surprises

Start from the beginning

"So what, do you have a crush on this Carlos guy or something?" she asked and to be honest, I really didn't know what to say to her.

"Well, y-yes. I-I-I guess you could say that I have a bit of a 'crush' on him, if that's what you want to call it. But that still doesn't change the fact that you mess around with people like him for no good reason whatsoever!" I shouted while she turned to her phone and completely ignored me.

I realized that I had less than an hour to get ready for school so I just stopped talking to her and started to get ready for school. When I was done doing my hair, Audrey had already left. I grabbed my book-bag and headed off to the dining hall.

I went down to see if I could find Carlos and the others and sure enough, he was sitting there with the other V.K's eating a stack of waffles overflowing with maple syrup.

"Whoa, Carlos, go easy on the syrup!" I said after I had gotten my food and went to sit next to him and the others.

"I was talking to Ben in the hall earlier and he told me it was liquid candy!" he said and licked his plate clean.

"That's not candy, Carlos. It's cooked tree sap!" Jay said with a smirk on his face as Carlos gagged and quickly got up to go to the trash can as everyone was just laughing at what Jay had told him. I looked at Jay with an angry face. "What? I read a book on it yesterday when you showed Carlos and I to the library." he said looking proud with himself.

I got up and went after him as he started to throw up in the trash can and . . . well . . . lets just say that it was not pretty, at all! I stood there rubbing his back and I could all ready tell that he had a VERY weak stomach. Everyone was staring and making faces. Some were even laughing at him. What jerks.

When he was done, he looked up at me with a tomato red face and a completely ruined shirt. I truly wanted to gag right there and then, but I knew that it would be rude. I don't even want to mention what he smelled like!

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Trinity. You don't have to help me. You'll only make a fool out of yourself." he said and looked like he was on the brink of tears.

"Don't say stuff like that, Carlos. I don't care what they think. Now, lets get you back to your dorm and get you another shirt. And possibly another layer of cologne. Or if that doesn't work, you should probably take another shower." I said and gave him a trash can for him to take along with him on the way back to his dorm just in case he started throwing up again.

"So, about that stuff that I ate back there, is it really cooked tree sap like how Jay said?" he asked at the point when we were about half way to his dorm and I guess just the thought of eating 'cooked tree sap' made him want to throw up, and sure enough, he did. Dang-it, Jay! I'm just glad that I gave him that trash can to take with him on the way. *shudders* Ew.

"Of course not." I said feeling sympathy for him since he fell for one of Jay's horrible pranks and by the looks of it, it's probably not the first one that he's fallen for. That must be his idea of some twisted practical joke.

"Dang-it!" he said under his breath, frustrated with himself. "This happens to me a lot anyway. I didn't really eat much on the Isle, either since all that they had there was gunky, black coffee with rotten fruit, and slimy oatmeal for breakfast at school. Don't even get me started on what lunch and dinner was like." he said as he threw up again in the trash can.

"Well, we don't have anything like that here in Auradon, so you don't have to worry about that." I said as we continued walking.

I walked him back to his dorm so he could get cleaned up. After he brushed his teeth again and washed his mouth out with mouth wash, he took his shirt off! Of course, he was pretty skinny, but surprisingly, he had a six-pack! I kept starring at his toned chest, but stopped when I realized that I probably looked like a stalker to him. After another 3 minutes, I found something in my small purse to give him.

"Here, you might need these." I said and gave him some candy mints. "I know you already brushed your teeth again and washed your mouth out, but I figured, just incase, if later during the day and you feel sick on your stomach again, so you don't have to come all of the way back here to freshen up again, you can at least keep your breath smelling nice and fresh."

"Thanks, I'll be sure to use them." he said and smiled. As I handed him the mints, as soon as our hands touched, we just kept staring into each other's eyes. I felt that same feeling that I had gotten from my window sill earlier yesterday. It was such a good feeling that I just wanted to stay there and keep holding his hand all day.

We stayed like that for a while until I blinked several times and knocked myself out of my trance as he did the same shortly after.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I should probably go get a shirt, now." he said nervously and walked past me to get a shirt out of his bag. As he put his shirt on, I told him that I should probably leave since I shouldn't be late for class and headed for the door.

"Also, you might want to grab a bottle of water from the dining hall to replenish your body fluid since you lost most of it from throwing up." I said and walked out the door.

"I will, and thank you for your help, and for everything! I'll see you later!" he said finally as I walked down the hall and to my first class.

My first class of the day was math, something that I can do, but not too good at, you know what I mean? I walked in right before the teacher could start up his lecture. As soon as the teacher said-

"Okay students, we have a lot to learn today.", that was my cue to bust out my ear buds and iPod. Even though I wasn't a total math whiz, most of the stuff that he was saying, I pretty much already knew.

Before I knew it, class was over so I got up and left along with everyone else. I went to my locker to put away my stuff for math just so I have less stuff to carry around. But suddenly, I got pushed up against my locker by none other than Chad Charming.

"Ouch, Chad! What did you do that for?!" I shouted trying to get away from him.

"Look, I just want to tell you to stay away from those villain kids!" he said with actual concern in his face and voice.

"Chad, they're not villains and I'm going to keep hanging out with them." I said as I finally managed to break free from his grasp. "I appreciate your concern, but I don't need it." I said and began walking away.

"I'm serious, Trinity! They're nothing but trouble!"

"Why do you even care anyway? It's not like my relationships are any of your business." I told him.

"Wha- I don't care about your pitiful relationships, I only care about us and the rest of Auradon being in danger. I know how wishy-washy you can be sometimes and who knows, you could be telling those kids about our every single weakness and all of our deepest, darkest secrets. You could be helping them take over Auradon or even the whole world, for all we know!" he said as we both heard the two minute bell ring and everyone started to rush to their classes, including Chad and I.

I walked away in a huff, feeling like I wanted to punch somebody in the throat. Did people really think of me this way? Do people really think that I'm a traitor just because I talk to kids whose parents are unfortunately villains? It's not like it's their fault and I'm just trying to help them become good before it's too late. But I know that what Chad said is not true and I won't let it get to me.