Chapter 3: Our Day Off

Soul's POV:

I woke up to the smell of bacon that was coming from the kitchen. Maka must be up. Maka! I looked around the room and to my surprise, I was still in Maka's room. Damnit! I must have fallen asleep right next to her. What will she think of me now? I felt myself turn a deep red color. We must have cuddled together all night. With a bed this size, there's no way we wouldn't. It was inevitable. I got out of bed and went into the kitchen. "Soul! Breakfast is re-" Maka broke off as she turned around and saw me walk into the kitchen. "Oh, your up." she said in surprise. "Yeah, I am." I said as I couldn't look her in the eyes. "Sorry about falling asleep with you last night." I apologized as I blushed. "Oh, it's ok. I felt much safer knowing that you were still there." she said as she smiled. She walked over to the table and set the food out. There was bacon, French toast, and scrambled eggs. There were strawberries on the french toast. That was Maka's personal touch, she loves strawberries. I sat down and dug in. Her food was amazing. I loved her cooking. She giggled as she saw me stuff my face and began eating too. She's so cute. "So what should we do today?" I asked so there wouldn't be an awkward silence. "I don't know, but we don't have classes." she said as she wondered what we should do. It was Saturday and we normally either hung out with our friends or practiced our battle moves. But today we all needed a break, especially after yesterday. And as for our friends, they were all off doing their own things today. "I guess we could just hang out around town." I said as I looked at the clock. It was 10:00 am. "Yeah, that's a good idea. It will be fun." Maka said as she smiled. I grinned as I got up to go get ready to hang out with Maka.

Maka's POV:

I watched as Soul left the room. I was pretty excited for the day. Me and Soul were gonna spend the day hanging out together. Just the two of us. I felt warm at the idea. I cleaned up, and went to get ready. My outfit was different than usual. It was a pink tank top, light blue skinny jeans, and my hair was down. I didn't need to wear the same school uniform that I wore everyday. We had the day off. As for my hair, I didn't wear it up when I knew that I wasn't gonna be running around. I looked in the mirror and felt happy for once. My chest wasn't that small anymore. I mean, I had cleavage and they were big enough to hold. I grinned as I left the room. Soul was waiting on the couch. His scruffy white hair back in a headband as usual. He never wore the uniform. He got up and we left to hang out in Death City.

Soul's POV:

It was a beautiful day and the sun was shining. Early spring meant the trees were dotted with flowers and it was finally warm out. Maka was talking about a dance that Lord Death had arranged last minute for tonight to celebrate the defeat of the madness and the kishin Asura. It was a ball so she said she needed to buy a dress. I unfortunately needed a tux. Not happy about that. Fancy dances are not for me. I like the club scenes. Maybe Maka and I could go to a dance club sometime. It could be fun. Atleast they let us students drink at these dance things. I was excited for that part. Maka seemed more excited than usual as well. All the walking eventually led us to a dress shop in the middle of the city. It had things like sundresses, gowns, nice dresses, suits, vests, and tuxes. We went in and Maka immediately started looking at dresses. She seemed to have her eye on this tight, mini black dress. It hung pretty low on the chest and I wondered why Maka would be so drawn to a dress like that. She doesn't normally like stuff like that. Oh well. I just went over to the tux section and picked out a normal tux to try on. I tried it on in one of the dressing rooms and when I decided it was ok, I waited for Maka to finish looking for her dress. She came out of a dressing room wearing the dress that she was looking at. I tried so hard not to get a nose bleed. She looked HOT! She didn't look like the normal Maka. It was still wierd though. It wasn't like Maka. It just wasn't her. I liked the real Maka better. The dress did look good on her though. She blushed when she noticed that my jaw had dropped. "Do you like it?" she asked as she swept a piece of hair out of her eyes and trying to avoid my gaze. The dress actually would be good for the ball. It was elegant and fancy looking. Maka didn't look like a little girl anymore. She looked mature. I liked it even though it wasn't like her. I'm not Pervy like that, but I just liked it. "Yeah." I said as I gave my normal sharp toothed smile. She smiled then and went back into the dressing room to change back into her normal clothes. We then bought our clothes that we were gonna wear tonight and then we left. There was a cute little ice cream shop near the dress shop so Maka dragged me to it. We didn't have enough money for two ice creams so we shared one. It was really good. It was kind of awkward though having to share an ice cream with Maka. It was kind of like French kissing in a second degree way. Her tongue touched the ice cream and then my tongue touched the ice cream so in a way my tongue touched her tongue. I think she also realized this at one point at well because she began laughing hysterically. I started too when I saw her laughing so hard. She never laughs this hard. It was kind of cute. We finished the ice cream despite the second degree frenching and then we just hung around this park and chatted. When there was no one around, we both dove into the fountain and swam around while splashing each other. It was fun. Then we laid in the grass and watched the clouds while our clothes dried. We eventually both fell asleep while talking. We woke up to a meow. I opened my eyes to see Blair sitting next to us. "What do you want?" I asked her. She was in her cat form so there wasn't gonna be any trouble this time. "You like her." Blair said while grinning. My eyes darted to Maka and she was still asleep. Thank god. "So?" I asked as Blair scratched herself. "Nothing, I just wanted to clarify it." Blair said in a cheeky way. "You know she likes you back." she said as she looked up at me. Could it be true? Could she really like me back? Maybe she did. She was acting like she did recently. "You should make a move on her." Blair said as she dragged me out of my thoughts. "I know, but when is the right time?" I asked the mischievous cat. I wondered why out of anyone, I was asking HER for advice. She seemed to be successful with all of her romantic endeavors though, so I asked her. "Tonight at your little ball obviously." she said as she flattened her ears. Oh yeah, I forgot. She can't go because she's not a student. She did help out though with the brew though so I'd call Lord Death and ask if she could go. I didn't really want her to, but she did help out, so it's the least I can do. "Um ok, I guess I will." I replied. The dance WAS the perfect time to make a move if I was ever gonna make one. I looked at my watch and the dance was in 2 hours. We should head back and start getting ready now. I woke Maka up and we went home to get ready for a night we were never gonna forget.