Chapter 1: The Party

Maka point of view:

We had just killed the kishin Asura and were gonna celebrate over dinner. When all of our injuries were checked and treated, we decided on just ordering a pizza and having a party at home like we used to do. Blair was waiting for us when we got home with Blackstar, Tsubaki, Kid, Patty, and Liz. She ran up to soul in probably the skimpiest dress ever, and shoved her chest in his face while she hugged him. "Soul! I'm so glad my cute little boy survived!" Blair said as Soul's nose erupted in an explosive nose bleed. I was getting annoyed so I Maka-chopped Blair's head. She landed on the floor with her rump in the air but what was being revealed only made Soul's nose bleed worse. "Atleast she didn't Maka-chop me this time" Soul said as his nose bleed stopped. "Ow, what was that for?" Blair said as she rubbed her head in pain. "It's for purposely trying to seduce Soul!" I said as I opened the door for Blair to leave. "Aw but I want to party too." Blair whined. "OUT!" Maka said as she pushed the slutty cat out. "But-" Blair was cut off as Maka slammed the door in her face. Our guests looked amused as they watched all this happen. "Alright, I'm gonna go order a pizza." Soul said as he walked into the kitchen and called the pizza delivery. I walked over to the living area and turned on some music but I kept the volume low so we could all talk. We all chatted about random stuff until the pizza arrived. The kishin was one of the things we talked about. I remembered how Soul said I was the coolest partner ever and I got a warm fuzzy feeling. Did I like Soul? No, I couldn't. He would never like a flat chested girl like me. He even said so one time when we had 99 kishin souls and he was almost a death Scythe. He didn't become one though of course, because Blair had to be a cat instead of a witch and not tell us so. We kept her though. I really don't know why now that I think of it. Maybe because she's friendly, or because Soul might like her. I felt sad at the thought of this. Why did he only have to care about a hot body when it came to girls. That didn't matter, there was more to people than looks. I pushed the thought away though. Maybe I did like Soul. But even if I did, he'd never like me back. Besides, I was happy the way things are now.

Soul's point of view:

We had all finished eating and Kid was making a fuss about how the pizza was asymmetrical because there was only one piece left. He said he was too full but he managed to cram it down anyways. He looked sick afterwards. I tried so hard not to laugh. He was always freaking out about stupid things like this. He was useless. He was still my friend though so I tolerated it. Everyone did. All of us had flaws. I get nose bleeds all the time, kid is the OCD queen, Patty is too cheery, Liz is afraid of a lot of things, Tsubaki was too quiet to speak her mind, and Blackstar was... Well Blackstar was Blackstar. Then there was Maka. She always hit me, she had a flat chest, she was too serious a lot of times, and was frustrated when I had to protect her. But she was still perfect to me. She was my meister, I had to protect her. I'd even give up my life to keep her unharmed. I looked over at her. She was so cute. WOAH! What was I thinking? Do I like her? Even love her? I then admitted to myself that I did. I loved Maka.

I was then dragged out of my thoughts when Liz suggested that we should play truth or dare. We all agreed to it, then Blackstar went on how he was going to beat us all at it. I don't know how anyone could win truth or dare, but oh well. Blackstar asked Tsubaki first. "Tsubaki, truth or dare?" Blackstar asked as he struck some hilarious poses at Tsubaki. "Um, truth" Tsubaki timidly said as Blackstar made an annoyed face. "Why not dare, Tsubaki? Truth is no fun." Blackstar said as he sighed. "Well I wouldn't say that Blackstar, it depends on what you ask me. In a way it's like a dare without having to do anything." Tsubaki said as Blackstar made a mischievous look. "Then I dare you to tell me who you like." Blackstar said as he grinned. "Um... Uhhh" Tsubaki hesitated. "C'mon Tsubaki, spit it out" Patty giggled. "Well I have a crush on Kid..." Tsubaki said as she looked at the ground, hiding her face with her bangs. "Wow! really?!?!" Patty said as she began bouncing up and down. "Y-you do?" Kid asked as he looked in astonishment at Tsubaki. "Yeah" Tsubaki giggled. "I understand if you don't feel the same". "Well actually I kinda do." Kid said as he smiled. I smiled too. I was happy for them. It always made me happy when people shared the same feelings for each other. They were both blushing like crazy. I noticed Blackstar looking sad. I guessed that he liked Tsubaki. That's probably why he asked her that. He wanted to know if she felt the same. I felt bad for him. He was a year younger than her and he would always appear that way to Tsubaki. She was taller than him even though he was really muscular. He was also really annoying sometimes and it made him seem like just a kid. It was almost like she was babysitting him all the time. I was kinda glad though because this shut him up. Tsubaki noticed all this too and frowned. Soon everyone else noticed but no one said anything. By the look Tsubaki gave him, I guessed that she already knew this. He must have told her his feelings before this but she must have not said what her feelings were. Kid looked happy but looked in sympathy at Blackstar. Kid was one of the only people that had ever beaten Blackstar in a fight so it was understandable that Blackstar would be extra upset that she liked KID instead of anyone else. We all moved on though. By the end of the night, we had all been dared to do some pretty embarrassing things. No one else chose truth though. Not after what happened. Blackstar was eventually back to his old cocky self though. As annoying as ever. When we all had nothing left to dare anyone, we all decided that it was getting pretty late so our friends went home. As soon as everyone was out Maka started talking about how bad she felt for Blackstar. I agreed with her even though I noticed something else was bugging her. I kinda wished that Blackstar would've asked Maka what he asked Tsubaki so then I would know if she felt the same. Maybe she liked Kid too. Maybe that was what was bugging her. She said that she was exhausted and was gonna go to bed. I was too, so I went into my room sat on my bed. I thought about Maka and how I needed to tell her how I feel. But I needed the perfect time. When should I tell her? Will she feel the same? What if she doesn't? Will it destroy us? Will our souls ever connect again? If they couldn't, I don't think I could live. I needed Maka. I loved her.