-------------

"Alex where have you been?" David asked him as he opened the apartment door.
"Well good morning to you too David," he chuckled as he let his friend inside.
"I couldn't find you at the palace or at your office, what's going on?"
"It's a long story my friend. I will tell you about it over coffee."

"David!" Gaby said giving him a warm embrace. "To what do we owe this visit?"
"Well I have been calling this idiot fiancé of yours all morning but he hasn't been picking up any of my calls," he said hugging her only to see his friends eyes darken when he didn't let her go.
Only David would dare to tease his friend in such a manner as Alex gave his friend a chilling glare.

"I have to go baby, take care of yourself. Make sure you have something to eat or else..." Gaby said in a serious tone.
"Yes mam," he said in a husky tone giving her a peck as she walked out.

"Man I never thought I would see the day you would be whipped. Who would have thought the arrogant, overbearing, womanizing Prince Alexandros Demetriou would be taking commands from a little lady," David said laughing at his friend. The day something like this happens to me, please shoot me. I don't want to turn into mush like you...
Wait a minute why aren't you even at work?"

Alex explained the whole fiasco to him as he poured some coffee for both of them.
"I never thought your dad would say such. How is Gaby handling all of this?"
"She is pretty strong you know. With her dad in hospital and now she has to foot for all our bills while I strategize my next move. I am staying with her as you can see, he said indicating the sofa."
"Wait a minute, you two don't sleep together, as in never ever...?"
"No, I told you I would do things differently with this girl. I never go back on my word."

"Wow," David said in a dazed stare. "Anyway, what do you mean, can't you get work at any other company?"
"My dad has blacklisted me, so even with my credentials I can't get work here. I am thinking of moving away from here, to start afresh."
"Do your grandparents know what is going on?"
"I have to tell them tomorrow. Gaby had to go to the library for her studies today."
"Listen if there is any way I can help just say the word. Here, you will need this," David said as he took out one of his credit cards.

"I cannot take your money," he said shaking his head in refusal as he looked at his friend.
David knew not to push Alex when he refused his help.

"So what are your plans?"
Clearing his throat he said, "I already have my business plan. Now I need the capital to start off my shipping company. The cooperate world was a tad bit boring, I only endured it because of the old man."
"Well then I look forward to doing business with you. But how will you manage since you have been blacklisted."
"Oh that's simple, I'll just change my identity. What do you think of Alexander Stark?"
"Mr Stark. Not bad, you could do worse," David chuckled.

--------------

Gaby's POV

"Sorry..... I'm late," Anna said catching her breath.
"It's alright dear."

Both ladies were studying to become pediatricians and had been friends since they were toddlers. Anna was always there to brighten my day after visiting my papa in hospital. He also loved her like a second daughter and often asked about her. Papa was battling stage four lung cancer and I knew that soon he would leave me. I never knew my mom, she died giving birth to me. But I fell in love with her from when my dad used to talk about her. Anna's parents had relocated to Athens when she was young and so had we after my mother passed on.

"We decided to have a small court wedding so obviously you will be my maid of honor," Gaby told her as they headed towards the library.
"Finally you guys are tying the knot. I am so happy for you sweety!" she squealed making people turn to look in our direction.

I told her about the meeting with Brandon's parents and she quickly let out curses, I shall not say, as they made me blush in embarrassment as we entered the library.

David's POV

Alex and I went to the library at lunch time to pick Gaby up for lunch. As she came out of the library laughing with her friend Anna, I knew my day would be interesting. Alex opted to stay in the car not wanted to get noticed by people as I went up to greet them.

"Good afternoon ladies," I said in a smooth tone only to see Anna rolling her eyes at my greeting.
"Hi David," Gaby greeted as she ran went towards her fiancé.

"Anna, do you need any help with your books? They look really heavy," he asked her softly.
"Do I look like I need help?" she said with a raised eyebrow.
"Forgive me. Not at all. But you look tired that's all," he told her. "Join us for lunch," he stated.

"Is that a command or your way of asking?"
"I don't know either way you will join us," he said with a blank expression.

She stopped in her tracks looking up at him, mouth tightly shut as her anger bubbled yearning to be released.
"I do not wish to eat in the presence of such arrogance."
"Is that so?" he said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Before she knew it he threw her over his shoulder and began walking towards the car.
"Put me down David!" she shouted pounding his back.
"Say you will join us for lunch then I will let you go."
"If you don't put me down, I...I...I will scream."
"Scream all you want baby, but I assure you no one will come to your rescue."
"Fine! I'll have lunch with you!"

"Good girl," David chuckled as he set her on her feet next to the car.
As soon as she was out of his arms she yanked open the car door only to see an amused expression on Gaby's face.
"Hi Alex," she mumbled as she got into the car.
David entered the vehicle with a cheeky grin on his face as he looked back at Anna.

So what do you guys think. Should I continue?