Chapter 10: Tensions

{Adam's P.O.V. Right after Mark and Steel left for the HUNTER Base}

"We have to go save them!" I yelled, pacing back and forth around the living room. Privacy was gone due to the all the holes in the walls all around the house, but this room had the least amount of holes.

"W-we can't Adam... My Parents said no.... It... It could be dangerous"

"I can't just stand around Ray! for all we know they could all be dead. If your dads died what would you do?" After I said this Ray just looked down at the ground.

"I... I'd Still have Kai. As long as he is in my life I'll be fine." Ray whispered.

After he said this I couldn't take any more of it. I was tired of being left in the dark about what I didn't know. I needed answers. I began to focus, to try and take a peak into Rays memory and thoughts. My head was jerked back though, by an invisible force. I turned around to see Emily glaring at me.

"Really? your going to read his thoughts and memories? That's low, even for you." Emily spoke.

"How did you-?" I asked stunned before being cut off by Emily.

"Your not the only one who knows a thing or two about Fatals Adam."

"Wait... Adam... why would you read my mind?" Ray questioned, and a little offended.

I looked at Ray, and towards the direction Ray's parents took off, then to Emily, who just glared at me.

"Tell us." Emily said sternly, rising from her chair.

"Fine!.... I... I... I can't stand it, we're here, doing nothing, while Kai is in danger... if anything happened to him I... Wouldn't forgive myself." I admitted, tears welling in my eyes.

"That still doesn't explain why you tried to read my mind" Ray spoke, getting impatient.

"I wanted to know everything about you and Kai, okay?!" I cried before running off to find Kai. Ray and Emily both ran after me yelling for me to come back, but I just ran faster towards where Mark and Steel went. It was a good thing I could run for so fast and so long because I out ran them in seconds before they slowed to a stop, yelling something that I couldn't hear.

I Ran for a few hectometers before I ran into Emily and Ray.

"And what were you trying to accomplish by running off?" Emily snapped.

"Go away! your not going to help them, so I will!"

"You can't just do whatever you want Adam! There are consequences to your actions, and this one might just get you killed!" Ray yelled. He was still mad at me, I could tell. However, there was a slight concern in his voice too.

I was starting to get annoyed. To me, it had looked like they had all given up hope. Like no matter what happened its like they already accepted the fact that Mark and Steel were never going to come back. I turned invisible and spoke.

"You both have already accepted defeat! Well I haven't! I will save Kai no matter what Mark or Steel told us to do!" And with that I ran off into the night.

{Emily's P.O.V}

"Well, what do we do now?" I asked Ray.

"I guess the only logical explanation is to go after him... And to be honest with you, I don't want anything to happen to them either."

"But your not-"

"I know I'm not a Fatal, but I cant just sit here and do nothing... Adam was right... I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to him, Kai, or my parents." Ray admitted.