Above me, Maketis came into the mist of the waterfalls that dipped off the sides, the water during into the sparkling mist that would flow across all the Kingdoms, watering those that thirst, and would keep the balance in peace. Miles separated us from the Kingdoms below, and the land. Making quick work, I found myself climbing above Maketis, causing him to look at me with sparkling eyes. In the years that I had known him, I had grown to know that he was not one to show emotions with his face, but with his eyes. When he was happy, his eyes would sparkle light a crystal in the sunlight, seeming to practically glow. But, when he was angry, they would darken to the point that it seemed to cause the night sky to look like it was the morning sun. I feared when that anger was pointed towards me.

       Yet, over the past seven new moons, he had never looked at me with dark eyes, but with eyes that had shown more sparkle and joy than I had seen in such a long time. Even in my years of teaching and beyond the coming of age, he had never seemed so joyous. I was grateful that I had been around that, even if it was for such a short period of time.

       As the mist turned into large droplets, I could feel my skin becoming very moist from the water that was slowly becoming a waterfall. Maketis was taking a rest for a moment, allowing us to wrap around the vines as we stayed there, suspended, looking at the Dragon's Mouth -a cave that was for the prayer during the Silver Moons- with a curious face. It was not forbidden to go inside, but Warriors did not enter unless it was to pray. The females of the tribe were common to enter the cave a moon before the Silver Moons would appear in the night sky, allowing them to carry the seed of their mate. This would be the year when I would be chosen... If I was chosen.

      Maketis looked over at me, his eyes dancing in the dust light, the yellows, oranges, purples, and pinks littering the sky as the clouds turning different shades. I looked at him with a small smile before reaching above me and continuing to climb. The only taking five days to return home, we were looking forward to the celebration that was to come at our arrival. Several months it had been before my feet had stepped back onto home land. And, when I had pulled myself up over the edge of the mountain, my feet dipping into the soft soil and the rushing water of the waterfall beside me, I could not help but stand there and listen to the sounds that I had missed for so many moons. Maketis stood beside me, facing the edge of the mountain, looking out at the Kingdoms with grey eyes. I turned to look with him, completely lost in wonder at the sight before me.

        In the dusk light, I could see the Kingdoms stretched far and wide. There was the Kingdom of night in the far left distance, with the glass sea sparkling in the eternal night given by the Seven Moons, and then the Kingdom of Namaria stood in the middle of it all. With the large mountains and caves behind the castle, Dragons flew around, guarding and protecting. I smiled at the memories of teaching the new comers how to keep their wings steady, showing them how to use their tail like that of a sword, and their fire as a bow. Tannakut had been helpful, teaching me different ways of stand during combat as I showed him how to shoot from a bow. Everything I knew was because of Maketis' guidance.

        "The Silver Moons will be high in the sky in two days time," I heard from beside me. I nodded my head in agreement, feeling the soft breeze blow around us as the leaves rustled around us. "I will be having to choose a mate," he whispered.

       "I have faith that you know which female will be the one for you," I responded, keeping the formalities in line. Even in our time alone, the boundaries had never been crossed. There were times when I wished that we had slipped, or even him coming to fix my stance when it was never needed. Something more than just the formal touches, like that of a lover or mate.

        "Do you believe that you will be chosen, Vixas?" His body stayed forward, his gaze never facing me. I felt the wind move my robes slightly in the breeze, a gift from her Majesty Amira and her daughter Princess Naomie. Beautiful and kind, they had taken me into their arms, helping show me the ways of a lady. There would be times when the formalities would be dropped with my mate, and I would have to hold myself as that of a woman... not a warrior. Perhaps one of those times would be soon?