Without waiting for a reply, he turned and left the room, shutting the door with a loud bang.

I looked around, trying to find something I could do, might as well enjoy this little bit of freedom. I noticed a small bookshelf in the corner to my right. I curiously walked towards it.

It was filled with old looking books. They didn't seem like a novel, as I ran my fingers swiftly over them, I carefully read each and every title.

The First Vampire

Vampire Royalty

How to be a Vamp

All about Vampires

My fingers stopped at the forth book. Touching the top of the cover, I gently pulled it out from the pile.

It was a rather small book compared to the others, so why not start with this one first?

With the book secured in my hands, I walked across the room to the very edge, the balcony. The door that lead outside were open so I simply pushed the curtains aside, stepping out. I located a chair on the side on which I sat down and began reading the book.

To be honest, I didn't understand half the things they were talking about. But some information seem to stand out more than the rest. Like how to kill a vampire.

Not that I would have the courage to do it anytime soon, considering how much of a coward I am, especially infront of the King, where I can't even look at him without shaking.

According to the book, there is only one way to kill a vampire. Wooden stake through the heart.

They can also choose to die by simply turning off their "life switch". If they live an immortal life, I'm sure they are ought to get bored of it sooner or later.

There are some things that can seriously harm the Vampires, but not kill them. For example, sunlight, not the sun they have in the Vampire world, because that's just a fake image of it to cause some sort of sunlight. But they can be harmed by the real sun, it burns their skin. The picture in the book looked somewhat worse than a sunburn.

Being a Vampire came with many perks which included reading minds, fast speed, healing through their blood, and sharp senses. But it still leaves me truely amazed that they can teleport. Even though I have never seen a Vampire teleport right infront of me before, I knew these details about them, but sharp senses? That would make them vulnerable to certain things, like flashlight shining in their eyes, or too loud of a noise.

I tuned the page and found out it had some information about the royals.

Vampire royals are the most powerful of their kind. They are born in the royal family, but one can also become a royal descendant. For that they have to drink one of the royal member's blood. Not only that, they also have to go through a series of rituals which makes their old self die as they are reborned as a stronger vampire and a part of the true royalty of the kingdom that turned them.

They develop the skills of the born royals soon enough.

This method is very rare because Vampire royalties don't like sharing their abilities. So even though it is heard of, these rituals don't take place too often.

There are twelve countries in the Vampire world, each having a ruling kingdom to keep it in shape and running. The countries are basically like islands, separated by bodies of water.

Each kingdom is represented by a mascot. The mascot of the place I've been kept at is a Phoenix. No wonder all the guards here wore a brooch with a Phoenix on it. This clears it up.

Of those twelve islands, the island of Eveland is considered to be the oldest of all. Making it the home of the oldest royal family, the Knights.
Something clicked in my mind. The Knights. Damien Knight.

I remember Maria telling me about the King who captured me. But I didn't know he was a heir of the oldest royal family. No wonder he's feared by everyone. Let's not forget how he also thinks of himself as a God or something, who does "whatever the hell he wants".

He had another advantage of being from his bloodline. He was the ruler of entire Vampirism. Not only did he rule the country of Eveland, but he's also ruler of all the other kingdoms. Him being the current rightful heir to this throne, they all fall under him, as mentioned by the book.

He is the King.

That seemed like a lot of responsibilities. How does he manage to do all that by himself?

By killing others, a voice at the back of my mind answered. It's true though, from what I've heard, he kills like its as easy as breathing for him. Well I hope someday, somebody gives him the taste of his own medicine. Maybe he'll realize what it's like to lose someone you love when he's the one losing.

Before I could get carried away making up plans how to hurt him, I returned to the book.

Every member of the royalty has a special gift.

It's usually something they discover at the age of eighteen. Because of it being something abstract, only the people who the person chose to tell knows. A special gift could be anything from controlling someone's mind, or just the power to heal by a simple touch of hand.

Wow, that's so cool. I wonder what the King's special gift is...

I reread the part where it say it's a abstract thing, so I doubt he would ever tell me. Guess that'll forever be a mystery for me.

*******************************

A/N

PLZ VOTE AND COMMENT if you liked it.. ;)

-J.S