The Day I Lost Everything

I don't own Danny Phantom or Harry Potter all rights go to their respective owners same goes for any songs I mention.

My name is Danny Orion Fenton...or at least...that's what I thought it was. Turns out it's actually Daniel Orion Black. And this is the story of how I joined the wizarding world, the world I was born in. And to think it all started on a normal day...or as normal of a day as a kid hiding ghost powers can have...

It was my eleventh birthday and my first official death day. This marked the one year anniversary of the day I became half ghost not that anyone other than Jazz, Sam, and Tucker (as well as the entire ghost zone) knew. I was sitting at the breakfast table with a bowl of cereal when suddenly an owl, yes owl, flew through the open window, dropped a letter in my lap, and flew back out through the same window. I picked up the letter, looked at the address, and was immediately freaked out by the fact that it was addressed not just to me but to my exact room of the house. The only detail they got wrong (or so I thought) was my name.
"Mom! Dad," I yelled down the stairs as I ran down them, "I got a freakishly accurately addressed letter," I said handing it to them, "the only thing they got wrong was my last name."
That's when I saw the look on their faces. It wasn't shock as I thought it would be. It was almost as though they were expecting this, a thought that was confirmed by their reply.
"We knew this day would come," mom said, as she and dad lead me into the kitchen, "Danny there's something we need to tell you: You're adopted. Your real name is Daniel Orion Black and you come from a family of wizards. We found you on our doorstep 10 years ago with a note saying to take care of you and that they'd return for you on your eleventh birthday."
I sat there stunned for a few minutes before I got up hugged them both and said, "This doesn't change anything. That said, you've given me a lot to think about so I'm going out for a while."
"All right but be safe and be back by three," mom said.
"I will," I said and walked out the front door before running into the alley where I turned into my ghost half and flew to the park.
When I got there I sat under the tree at the top of the hill and started to play my guitar (it was a Christmas gift from Ember).
I played for two hours be for heading home and just as I was about to cross the street to my house my ghost sense went off.
"Hello whelp," Skulker said as he appeared in front of me.
"Hello Skulker," I said.
"Time to die whelp," and with that he shot a missile at me (which I dodged) and disappeared. Suddenly remembering what was behind me, I made a mad dash to stop the missile before it blew up my home. Realizing, to my horror, that I wasn't gonna make it all I could do is watch helplessly as everything I ever cared about went up in a fiery plume.
I searched the rubble for something, anything, hoping against hope that no one had been home. But it was for naught as I finally found bodies and choked back a sob as I realized that there were five of them. I fell to my knees changing back to my human form and let all my pain out in a shout of sorrow and hopelessness. I remember hearing a soft gasp behind me when I changed out of my ghost half. But at the time I couldn't bring myself to care.
Eventually I realized someone was watching me and in seconds was on my feet with an ectoblast at the ready staring at a moderately old woman in a pointed hat.
"Who are you," I asked not letting my guard down.
"I'm Professor McGonagall from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry I was sent to pick up Daniel Black," she said.
"Well then professor it might be best if we found me a place to stay when not at Hogwarts since...," I choked back a sob, unable to finish.
"Grab hold of my arm Daniel," she said.
So I did and then, after the most uncomfortable three seconds of my life, I realized we were somewhere else.