30. I know you feel how much it takes me to get through another day...

Start from the beginning

At that moment, I felt so much hate towards him. I just wanted to get up and beat the shit out of him, but I couldn't in my condition. Just then Alisha walked in.

She walked straight up to Carey and slapped him. "You need to leave now. I don't want you here, and I suggest you leave quickly, before I tell Matt. Brian might not be able to beat your ass right now, but I know Matt will gladly do it for him."

Carey mumbled an 'I'm sorry' before walking out and Alisha came and sat on the bed with me.

She put her hand on mine. "I am so sorry about this Brian, I hear that you are getting released tomorrow and I want to have Mandy transferred home."

I looked at her worriedly, was she trying to keep me and Mandy apart too.

Then she continued. "You are more than welcome to fly to Maryland with us." I nodded and began telling her about what happened with Mandy.

Tears began to fall from her eyes, but she wiped them away quickly. "This is why we need to take her home. She needs to be home and not in some random hospital. Joel called two of the best neuro and general surgeons in Seattle; they are flying out tomorrow and are going to meet us there."

I smiled. "We originally wanted just us to go back to Maryland, but I talked to Matt about it a few minutes ago and he wasn't having it. He said we needed to be together and he's right. I don't know what I was thinking." She laughed softly.

"I am going to go fill out all the paperwork, I'll see you in a bit." She hugged me and walked out.

Jimmy’s POV

After talking to Alisha and figuring everything out about us going back to Maryland I felt a lot better, especially since Matt was able to convince her for us all to go. I wasn’t sure how everyone else would take it; we had yet to discuss it as a group.

“Hey babe, is it alright if I take the baby to go see Mandy. I really think it would be good for her.”

She smiled. “Of course as long as the doctor says that it’s okay.”

Just then the doctor walked in, we talked about Mandy and her condition and I was allowed to take the baby for a few minutes, I decided to stop by Brian’s first to see what he thought of the situation.

I walked into Brian’s room and he was flipping through the channels, Papa Gates was sitting on the recliner on his phone and McKenna was reading in the corner by the window.

“Hey Gates, how you feelin’?” He shrugged and then when he noticed I was holding the baby he sat up quickly.

“Whoa dude, he’s huge.” I smiled.

“He took after me in that, but I think he looks more like Leana.” I walked over to him and put the baby in his arms.”

“Jamie, meet your Brian, your Godfather.”

He smiled. “Really? Even after all the shit I’ve done.”

"I don't know why you are so surprised; I told you when we were kids that you were going to baptize my first kid." I laughed.

"Hey Jim-Jam. You are going to be the luckiest baby in the whole world, especially when you meet your Aunt Mandy and little cousin Robin; I know they are both going to love you so much."

I cleared my throat and everyone's eyes went to me. McKenna had come over to Brian to see James and Papa Gates was standing up now. "Speaking of Mandy, I came by to see what you thought of me taking James to see her."

He stopped playing with the baby and smiled. "Can I go with you?"

"Brian, I don't think that's such a good idea, you didn't do so well when you saw her before."

He smacked his lips. "Dad, don't start, I'll be fine. Jimmy take me to see my girl."

Alisha's POV

I had gone out with Matt to get some decent food for everyone and everyone else stayed at the hospital, I was glad to be alone with Matt because of what I was about to tell him.

We had just pulled into Panda Express to pick up our order, Matt was about to get off when I stopped him. "Before we go in I need to tell you something."

He turned to me and closed the door. "What's going on Ali?"

"I just found out today, so don't tear me a new one because I didn't tell you."

He started to get impatient. "What is going on Alisha?"

"Well, the night of Robin's party, Brian came up to me and told me that he still loved Mandy and he couldn't let her go through with this marriage when he knew that she loved him back."

"Ok?"

"There's more. Carey overheard us talking that night and that was when he proposed for the wedding to be pushed up. He then kept Mandy away from the family gatherings so that she wouldn't be able to talk to Bri. He forced her to marry him."

Just after I finished telling Matt everything his face was red and full of anger. "Are you fucking kidding me?! My best friends are lying in a fucking hospital bed right now because of him!"

He then handed me the keys and his wallet. "Grab the food and go back to the hospital, tell Benj and Johnny to call me when you get there."

"Matt what the hell are you doing?!" He got off the car and I followed him. "MATT!"

He turned around. "Just listen Ali. I will see you later. Don't worry." He then took off running towards the street a cab soon stopped and he was out of sight.