BOOK 5 > Ch. 1 ~THE COBWEB TRAP~

Start from the beginning

Psyche's eyes needed to rest for a second. So she thought to look away from the laptop in front of her and maybe blink a little. The moment that she looked up, was also the same moment when she caught the Vice President who was seated in front of her, was by then without any humiliation, thickly staring at her. Every bones in Psyche's face froze as she thought that the CEO's young brother should inhibit embarrassment just because he was caught staring. The man didn't. In Fact, the moment he realized that she was staring back, he shamelessly directed a smirk at her, hot dimples on top. Psyche thought her heart went out of her underwear. But just to make the situation worst for her, his almost golden eyes stared more as if the man was taking his time enjoying this exchange between the two of them. And damn that pen in between his lips. He was moving them as he was displaying to her his talent in French kissing? She even thought that he saw his tongue playfully pushing the pen in between his teeth from left to right! And if she's not really going nuts, why the hell was she openly watching his tongue play that pen? As if Richard Armani could read her, he winked at her and silently chuckled to himself.

Psyche's cheeks warmed. Damn her! The dimpled Vice President is a walking flirt bag and she's being coaxed to be seduced? What was she thinking?! Pulling herself out of embarrassment that she was not yet ready to admit, Psyche grunted and once again switched her attention to her job. Her pulse was racing the moment she began answering the CEO's chat box. Her boss is a multi-tasker. He was firing some asses while chatting with her too.

" What do you think, Sir Vice President? I need your opinion on this matter. "

Rafa Armand's baritone voice boomed as he stood from his seat, bringing with him his coffee. The man was quite not in the mood this afternoon. Their mother, the legal owner of Rainbow Inc, skyped them minutes ago and was erupting like Mt. Vesuvius and was biting everyone with her fangs just because she was angered.

Everyone eyed the man whose focus was still directed on Psyche. Then there was silence. The people around him was waiting on what Richard Armani has to say. The moment he realized that the spotlight was on him, Richard Armani's back straightened. No, he didn't hear nor understand what was asked of him. He was so busy with something else. Busy enjoying seducing someone. Particularly the tanned woman who still had an ability to flush red when he caught her staring back. Bloody Mary, it was so nice to find out that this era could still produce women who could easily reddened, given that she's tanned. He looked at his elder brother who was arching an eyebrow at him.

" What was it that you are asking again? "

Richard Armani asked, his handsome face was a picture that gave an impression that his mind was somewhere else. He was about to see his brother frown on him, when his chat box told him that he had a new message. Totally ignoring Rafa Armand, Richard Armani realized the new message came from Psyche. He bit his lower lip before reading it.

Psyche Alexis Amandi-ernestine Saavedra - Exec. Sec. CEO Office: Sir, CEO asked you if you will hire an Auditor from another Vendor!