Six

I wiped beads of sweat off of my forehead, it was only May and I felt like I was going to die. I was just about to reach the Walmart parking lot when I got a notification. Somebody had followed me on Twitter, and another on Instagram.

I got inside Walmart and headed towards the frozen foods. I grabbed a gallon of mint chocolate chip ice-cream. I walked up to the register, and grabbed a pack of gum from the counter. I looked up from my wallet and looked into the cashier's deep green eyes. My skin must have went pale as my jaw hung down,

"Is everything alright, ma'am?" the boy asked me. My voice came quiet and raspy.

"Daniel?" The boy looked utterly confused.

"Yes, that's my name. Not to be rude, but do I know you?" I nodded my head quickly,

"I think you do. My name is Rachel, Rachel Bernard?" I managed to say through shock. His grip on the granite counter strengthened, his knuckles turned white.

"Oh my god, Rachel? You've been here all this time?" He whispered. I nodded. He came out from behind the counter and hugged me so tight I thought my brains would pour out of my ears. I began to cry as he kissed my forehead.

"Look at you, you are absolutely gorgeous!" He said, I couldn't help but smile.

"Daniel, I got adopted." His eyes lit up.

"Really? By who? Wait, you can tell me all about in after my shift. I get off in 10 minutes." I giggled as he pecked my lips.

"Okay, you gonna let me buy my stuff or not?" He grinned,

"Ice-cream and gum? Really? Where are your gummy bears? And your Mtn. Dew?" I just laughed, gazing into his dreamy eyes.

God, I can't believe it was really him.

_____

I'M REALLY SORRY IT'S SHORT! I honestly don't know what to do with this book :( 

-LeAnna