I didn't look up and just carried on watching TV. Me and Dani had an argument before and we split up and she left the apartment to live with her college friends.

The argument was in fact about Lexi. Apparently Dani thinks I'm in love with her but I 'just didn't know it yet' I mean that's absurd. I'm not in love with my school friend, Lexi!

"What's wrong?" She asked worried filled in her voice and eyes. I looked up and finally looked at her, her eyes were sparkling but they were filled with worrisome and sadness.

I let out a sigh "Me and Dani broke up" I couldn't help but let a tear escape out of the corner of my eye and I immediately wiped it away.

"Wait, but why?" She asked still looking at me the same expression still visible.

I let out a laugh and she looked at concerned now. She probably thought I lost it. "She thought I was in love with you, I mean c'mon ME in love with YOU. That could never happen" I looked towards her and a few tears had come down her face.

I had done wrong. But how? She couldn't be in love with me, could she? I mean it's not right, I mean were best friends. Best friends aren't supposed to be in love.

"What have I said that's hurt you?" I whispered and she looked away tears now streaming down her face.

"You shouldn't think out loud" she said back and I realised I had said the last part out loud 'Best Friends aren't supposed to be in love'. Wait a minute she loved me?

"Wait Lexi. You l-love me?" I stuttered out and she nodded her head now looking in another direction.

She quickly stood up making me stand up to. She wiped away her tears frantically "It doesn't matter now like you said 'Best friends shouldn't be in love'. Bye Liam" and she walked out of the apartment not even taking her suitcase.

She left me stood there confused and bewildered. "My best friend loves me" I whispered watching the door she had just walked out of. What am I going to do?

LEXI'S POV

Well that was. I don't even know what that was. What am I doing? I confessed my love after all this time and I walked away.

At least I know where the others apartments are. I walked to Harrys apartment hoping he would be there and give me some advice. Harry has always been a big brother to me, so has Niall.

I knocked on the front door and a girl with blonde hair down to her middle back and glasses opened the door. "Who are you?" She questioned with eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm Lexi I'm friends with Harry and Niall. Trust me I'm not a crazy fan" I said back with a slight chuckle and he gave me a wary look before letting me in.

"So how do you know the boys?" I asked her sitting down on the couch at the opposite end.

"I'm Niall's girlfriend. Sorry my name is Rebecca but call me Becca" she said with a smile. So this is the girl I wanted to be friends with, she better redeem herself and quick.

"You?" She asked back, I guess I should tell her otherwise she'll be on my case.

"I'm Lexi. I was best friends with Liam" her face seemed to brighten up and I gave her a slight smile.

"Oh okay. Wait what do you mean 'was'?" She asked and I told her that him and Dani broke up and how I confessed my love for him before and how he said he didn't love me back and that I walked away. She gave me a sorrowful look "It's okay. He'll realise he's being stupid and come look for you"

Maybe I could be best friends with her "Thanks" I gave her a smile.

"Babe who you talking to?" Niall came out of his bedroom, I looked at him and he looked surprise to see me. "Lexi!" He shouted.

"Niall" I shouted back and ran to him and he engulfed me into a hug picking me up. Oh how I missed Horan hugs.

He put me down and I looked around and Becca had walked off. Oops maybe we shouldn't have been that way. God sakes since I've been here I've been nothing but trouble.

I need to apologise to her and explain there is absolutely nothing going on between us. I need a girl best friend at the minute.

BECCAS POV

I watched as Niall picked her up and hugged her. I could feel something inside me. Envy? Jealousy? Anger? Yep all of them! He's not picked me up like that yet.

I stormed out of the living room and into the kitchen, I tend to eat when I'm upset or angry. I opened the fridge and grabbed a dairy milk chocolate bar which was now mine and started to eat it.

I closed the fridge door and Lexi was stood there looking sorry and Niall looking confused. "What?" I asked my mouth full of chocolate.

"Becca you need to know there is nothing going on between me and Niall. He's more like my big brother if anything" Lexi said and I nodded.

"Thanks for telling me but I really don't care" I said now opening the Apple juice and pouring myself a glass. I do care though!

"Wait, babe your not jealous are you?" Niall now asked seeming to be more updated on things now.

I shook my head "No I'm not" I said a bit shaky, even I don't believe myself right now.

"Babe there's no need to be jealous. I love you and only you" Niall said now taking me into his arms and kissing my nose.

"Awww that's so cute. You two are like the most cutest couple ever! You need to be my best friend" Lexi exclaimed from behind and I gave her a smile.

I chuckled a bit "I would love to be your best friend, sorry for the way I acted" I said and she gave me a smile then entering for a group hug.

This is nice. I now have another best friend, and this time it's a girl

I hope her and Liam make up so we can go shopping together as One Directions girlfriends plus best friends.

---------------/---------------/

Hope you enjoyed it and I'm sorry for breaking Danielle and Liam up but it fits the story better!

Please comment vote and fan me xxx