The Time Beca Took Chloe Out On Her First Date (Part 2)

"Eek, get away!" Chloe shrieked, earning laughter from the brunette who was trying to smear paint onto the redhead's face.

Beca only grinned when the redhead backed into the wall, relishing Chloe's expression as her face was slathered with blue paint. Chloe tried wiping it away but only managed to get the paint on her hands.

The brunette was clutching at her stomach as she laughed, but stopped when Chloe had dipped her hand into the can of paint beside her and brought that hand to Beca's face.

Beca gasped, "You bitch!"

Chloe let out a manic laugh, saying, "That's what you get for ruining this beautiful face of mine, Becs."

"It's still beautiful, though," the brunette said, smirking at the blush that formed on Chloe's cheeks.

"You're just saying that to make sure I don't get mad at you for smacking paint onto my face."

"Well, yeah, totally wouldn't mind getting out of trouble, but I mean it, though. You still look beautiful, paint or no paint." With that, the brunette dipped a finger into the red paint and drew a heart on the other girl's cheek.

Chloe blushed even harder, melting at the adoration in Beca's eyes as she drew a heart on her cheek.

It was silent for a moment, but comfortable. Beca glanced at one of the treehouse's walls, and smiled. She'd removed all the posters (she had to stop Chloe from starting to paint first) and placed them aside carefully so as not to get paint on them. They were precious to her, gifts from her mother, who'd shared the same passion for music and supported her in her decision.

Right in the middle of the wall was a print of her hand next to Chloe's, one a light blue - for Chloe - and another a darker blue - her. A ladybug was drawn on top of the light blue hand print, and a grasshopper over the other one. Underneath the hand prints was '~Titanium~' and Beca absolutely loved it.

The other parts of the wall were just splashed with various colours, creating a sense of being in space or in a time vortex - a mix of purples, blues, black, pinks, etc. But when the redhead started to draw heart shapes all over the walls, Beca stepped in and started the whole slathering paint over each other occasion - badass Beca Mitchell had to protect her street cred, and having hearts all over the walls wasn't exactly the most ideal.

She cocked her head to the side, signalling to the wall. "We should probably continue. But no hearts, Beale."

A grin formed on the redhead's face. "Can't make any promises," she quipped, tapping her finger on Beca's nose (which now had a blue dot on it) as she skipped to the wall they were painting.

Beca glared at her, but her face broke out into a smile as she shook her head. She loved the girl's fascination with all things sunshine and... cheerful. Not like she'd ever admit that out loud.

Beca followed, stepping up next to the redheaded girl, who'd begun to paint a set of headphones. The brunette wasn't very good in art, so she simply tried drawing musical notes, but when she stepped back to look at it, it turned out to look more like a bridge than a note.

Beca frowned. A giggle that escaped from the redhead made her turn to the girl. "What's so funny?"

Chloe had her hand covering her mouth, trying to stifle her laughter. "Nothing, nothing. It's just... What is that?" She gestured to what was supposed to be the musical note.

"Er, a musical note."

"Becs, that is nothing like a musical note." A burst of giggles finally made its way into the air, and Beca only glared half-heartedly at the redhead. "Aw, don't get all grumpy. I actually find it cute that you can't quite draw."