Goodbye.

“Are you sure this is okay?” I asked Niall for who knows what time.

“Of course,” Niall replied as he continued pushing me to walk.

“I can walk you know,” I reminded him as we made a stop on a corridor.

“You know I know that you won’t comply with that,” Niall stated as he started carrying me over his shoulder. I, of course, punched his back but he didn’t even seem to feel pain. Is he a masochist now?

“Put me down, you faggot!” I demanded as we entered the room.

“Watch your words,” he reprimanded me.

“Nice butt,” Harry cheekily commented as I was still on Niall’s shoulders. Niall then immediately placed me down. Such a gentleman.

“Okay. Why am I here?” I asked as I glared at Niall- obviously ignoring Harry’s comment.

“We want you to meet the band!” Louis cheered happily.

“You know sometimes I wonder if you really are 21,” I commented rudely. Louis stuck his tongue out on me. Okay then.

“But since only Josh is here. We want you to meet Josh, our drummer,” Liam spoke as he made Josh face me. I smiled at Josh. He looks really familiar though.

“Maysh Tomlinson,” I said as I offered my hand.

“Josh Devine,” he said with a smile as he shook my hand.

“Maysh?” Niall asked.

“What now blondie?” I asked as I retrieved my hand from Josh.

“You don’t do handshakes,” he said in a ‘duh’ tone. I smirked at him. He punched me lightly on my left arm.

“I change, doofus. Josh and I met before anyways,” I said bluntly.

“Wait. You’re Maysh as in the girl drummer and guitarist?” Josh asked, ruining Niall and I’s moment. I simply nodded my head at him- confused at his actions.

“Holy crap! Oh my god,” Josh said excitedly. Then, he was reprimanded by Niall, Harry, and Zayn for his language.

“Why?” I asked, confused.

“Dude, you were a legend back there. It has been years. What happened?” Josh asked. The rest of the boys gave me quizzical looks except Niall. He knew what was going on. I felt depressed all over again. The memory I have been blocking out of my life for the past years are hunting me all over again. Why? I feel like my old self again ages ago.

I fake smiled at the boys before I left the room. I ran out of the building all the way to the back of the building. I then did what I do best. I cried myself.

Why does everything fall apart when I’m finally happy? Am I cursed or something? Why can’t I be free? Why did my luck have to suck so badly? Why am I so unlucky? Why can’t it go on my own way?

I can’t do this anymore.

My thoughts were interrupted by a phone ringing. I looked at the caller ID. It’s mom. I pressed answer and brought the phone closer to my right ear.

“Maysh,” mom barely whispered.

“Mom, what happened?” I asked as I tried my best not to show my shaky voice.

“You need to go home now,” my mom stammered.

“I will be but I might get stuck on traffic,” I lied. I just didn’t want her to see me in a devastated state again.

“Fine,” my mom sighed.

“Your brain tumor is getting worse. The doctor just called,” she said hopelessly before sobbing and dropping the phone to the floor.

Why me?

---

When I got home, mom immediately told me to pack because we’re flying to another country to treat my tumor. I complied with what she said. I even didn’t have the guts to say goodbye to them in person but I did text Niall.

To: Niaaaaalllllllll

I’m leaving. I’m sorry for leaving in such a short notice. Tell them I said goodbye. Ily. I’ll come back. Thank you and sorry. Bye for now. x

-Maysh x

“Maysh?” mom called out as she stood against the door frame of my bedroom. I looked at her. She gave me a weak smile.

“Are you ready?” she asked with concern in her eyes.

“I’m not but guess I’ll just have to be,” I said with a small smile.

“Let’s go,” mom said as she embraced me. I nodded before I break out of the hug.

“Mom?” I called.

“Yes, Maysh,” mom said.

“I’ll just have to make one more important call,” I said and she let me.

I never thought I’d dial this number again. I took a deep breath before dialling a familiar number that I have known by heart.

“Hello,” the voice spoke. I smiled hearing the voice. I’d definitely missed hearing it.

“Uhm yeah. It’s Maysh,” I spoke.

“Maysh? I miss you. What can I do for you?” the voice asked.

“I missed you too. Please take care of mom and the boys,” I said before releasing a deep sigh.

“Okay,” the voice agreed.

“Bye,” I said before hanging up.

This will definitely change my life. I’m not yet ready to leave. But now, I’m being forced to. Maybe, it’s time to heal what’s broken all along. Maybe this way everyone will be happier or be more disappointed but whatever the outcome is, we must accept it because that’s life. You can’t live in regret. You’ll just have to accept it and learn to move on.

Things will change. Things always change. I’ll always hope for the best things to happen even if I know they can’t come true.

From: Niaaaaalllllllll

We’ll miss you. Be safe. We love you. Xx

I went out of my room after looking through everything. This will take a while. No one can watch my room. I’m gonna miss this place.

I went downstairs to be greeted by mom. I looked around before walking towards her. I’m gonna miss this place. We might have moved before but this place held lots of memories for me. This is my home.

With enough strength, I walked out of the house. I’m leaving everything and everyone behind because of my tumor. I once did that to my bestfriend and now, I’m certainly doing it again. Hopefully when I come back, everything will be better.

I have to go now. This is it.

~’~’~

That was such a sad chapter. I just. It’s not fair! But it’s essential to the story so yeah. Hope you liked it.

Dedication to a commenter. Faster updates if there are comments and votes.

Holla!