12th Night: The Maze of Memories

We were running fast away from Rido's castle. However as we kept running, out of nowhere, we were blinded by a ray of light. When I opened my eyes, the only person by my side was Kaname.

"Are you okay, Mitsuki?"

"I'm fine.." I said, to not worry him.

He then put his head down to my neck, and began to lick it.

"I'm going to keep doing this until you tell me the truth." So he does know I'm not telling the truth, huh. Grr. he was teasing me. 

"Ok.. Don't you sense it?"  It then looked like he know what I was talking about.

"Yes. I do. I have known since the masquerade ball. I saw you putting like five blood tablets in your drink, and I did sense the second heart beating in you." He hugged me tight.

"Thank you for bearing my child, Mitsuki." I hugged him back. I looked around to see where we were. It was still Rido's castle, but fog surrounded us everywhere, and the rain seemed to have stopped. And it was quiet. Too quiet. Then I heard Rido's voice echo through the area.

"Hmhm.. Thought you would get away with her, Kaname? Think again. Will the both of you be able to get out of this maze of memories? I wonder... And don't worry, my darling Mitsuki.. I haven't forgotten about you. Once I get you back, I will punish you.. I'll be waiting patiently for that.." It got all quiet again.

My purple dress was all stained, and my hair got out of the bun and went back to its usual state. "We should find the way out of this maze.." Kaname said.

I'm so thirsty.. And I ran out of blood tablets.

"Kaname, I..."

"You need blood, don't you? Take some of mine, it will temporarily quench the thirst of both you and our future child." I stood up and gently took Kaname's suit jacket off. Then I undid his tie a little bit, and unbuttoned his shirt a little bit, only so that his neck can be seen. I licked his neck and quickly bit my fangs deeply into his neck. I feel like it's been forever since I last drank his blood. I continued to suck his blood, but I knew I had to stop, so I decided to. I then licked the remaining blood from his neck.

"S-sorry about that..." He smiled. "It's fine. I'm positive that those blood tablets weren't enough for you. Now, we really need to find that way out." He said while putting his suit jacket back on.  He then held his hand at me.

"So you won't get lost." I gently took his hand and we entered the maze of memories. Then as we walked through the maze, all of a sudden I got tired.

"Kaname, I'm a little tired. Is it ok if I take a little nap on that bench?"

"Yes, I'm a little tired as well. We don't we both go?" Kaname and I went on the bench.

"Rest on my lap. I can put you to sleep without even using my powers."  I laid on his lap and he began to comb my hair with his warm and soft hands. I eventually fell to sleep. But then I see a flashback of not my past, but Kaname's.

*Mitsuki's dream, 10,000 years ago, Kaname's past*

    I awoke in the middle of a small village. I saw many men and some women carrying weapons with them. Those must be vampire hunters. This couldn't be..the time of the ancestors?! As I walked around, I saw Kaname. Many villagers were circling around him, telling him to leave.

"You're a monster!" One of them said.

"It's been decades, and you look exactly the same!" He just had his head down.