7th Night: Speaking the Truth

It's finally evening. I got up a little earlier since today I am going to my mother's grave. Wow. It's hard to believe that my mother was murdered. I put on my Night Class uniform, since I am going to class right after I come back. As I was brushing my hair, I recall of what happened yesterday and instantly blushed. Kaname's soft lips and his warm embrace.. And then I shook my head.

"Focus, Mitsuki! No time to think about that!" I finished getting ready, and went downstairs.

Masato is going to come and get me to take me to where my mother is buried. As I went downstairs, Kaname, Takuma, Hanabusa, and Akatsuki were already awake, as they were sitting in the living room. Hana-chan looked curious.

"Where are you going, Mitsuki-chan? Class doesn't start for a while." For a second, I was petrified because I didn't want to tell him where I was going.

"I'm going to the Kobayashi residence to sort a few things, but I'll be back probably a few minutes into class."

Then Takuma spoke. "Are you going to be ok going on your own?"

Seriously? He never changes, still treating me like a child as usual. But it's always funny for me to hear it. "I'll be fine. I'm going with my brother anyways, so don't worry about me."

While I was waiting for Masato, I sat with the guys. Takuma, Hanabusa, and Akatsuki were talking, and Kaname hasn't spoken at all. Since the others were deep in their conversation, I whispered to Kaname. "Someone's been very quiet lately."

"I just am a little worried. As your father said, Rido could get you anytime or anywhere. What if he gets you at a time where I can't see or protect you?" He said.

"Don't worry, Kaname. Obviously, if that were to happen, I would fight him. I would use all the power I have to defeat him. And I have my brother to back me up if things get worse."

He then embraced me, with not a care in the world that Hanabusa, Takuma, and Akatsuki were there.

"Just be careful, ok?"

He's so adorable. "I will.."

Then there was a knock on the door. I opened the door and it was Yuki and Zero, escorting my brother.

"Masato!"

It's been a long time since I saw my brother, so I ran and hugged him. Zero looked disgusted.

"Another Pureblood... disgusting..."

What does Zero have against Purebloods? For one thing, I did nothing to him and he gives me mean looks all the time.

"It's been a while, Little Sis. How have you been?"

"I've been good!" Before he got here, I told him to make sure not to mention what is going on. Masato has been overprotective of me ever since Kaito was murdered. He always tells me where I'm going off to, stuff like that. Masato, however, wants revenge. He wants to kill Rido and wants his death to be even worse than Kaito's was. Kaito was someone that Masato was very close to and as little children, they were always together. I saw Masato talking to Kaname, so I attempted to hear their conversation.

"Take care of Mitsuki. She's the only sibling I have left. I don't want to lose her." Masato said.

"Don't worry, she is the only one that is precious to me, so I will take very good care of her, because I love her."

I then saw them shake hands, and Masato said,

"Ready to go, Mitsuki?"

"Yep! I'm good to go!"