Chapter 8

It's a Wolf~Girl Thing

Chapter 8

Clare POV

It's raining today.

A thunder storm is coming.

James takes my hand and we step out from under the tree and into the rain.

He puts my hand to his lips, kissing it softly.

I smile and close my yes as the rain pours down on us and James pulls me in his arms.

Soon I will see my father again.

He will ask for my choice and once I decide he will try to drag me away from James.

Though isn't today special... What day is it?

I count the days in my head to come up with my birthday.

Today was my eighteenth birthday!

Pulling away from James I smile a happy smile at him and shout, "I'm eighteen today!"

His face goes blank before bursting into a wide ecstatic smile.

Before I know it he has his hands on my hips and lifting me into the air, spinning me around in joy.

And in that moment I felt nothing but bliss.

I was an adult.

My father wouldn't be able to take me away even if he tried.

Even thinking about him and he will come it seems

Because in that moment he appeared a few yards away with a police officer.

James slowly put me down on my feet and we turned to my father.

" I'm eighteen today. I choose to stay with James and you can't do anything about it." I tell him loud and clear as the rain pours down harder soaking into my clothes faster.

My father frowned at me before turning away to face the officer.

Their whispers were angry and quick.

Once they were done my father smiled at me before pulling a gun out of his waistband and shooting exactly three bullets in the police officer's chest.

The man lay there in a puddle of dirty water on the ground with blood seeping out of his chest.

I gasped at the horror of what my father has done and grabbed tightly onto James's hand.

The man holding the gun was and never has been my father.

He was a monster.

A monster which only I could stop.

Tears flooded down my face blending with the rain.

"Do you have a knife with you?" I breath to James not moving my lips to show my father any sign of what I was asking.

James nodded only slightly before pulling me behind him enough for me to take it out of his back pocket.

The monster in front of us took a step forward and accompanied it with two more.

One step more and he would be in front of us.

I took the knife out of James's pocket and hid it in the waist band of my shorts.

Stepping out from behind him I hold out my hand to the monster.

"I'll go with you. Just don't harm anyone else." I say looking him in the eyes.

The monster grins from ear to ear before grabbing my hand and pulling me behind him.

James looks me in the eyes telling me that he wont ever let the monster harm me.

And I know it's true because the monster will no longer live after this moment.

I take the knife out of my waistband and tap the monster on the shoulder.

It turns around facing me and grins softly to me.

Before it can utter a word I plunge the knife in his stomach.

Deep enough that it can't heal.

And the monster dies slowly while watching my face.

"I love you, Clarence."

Those were his last words before he fell to the ground beside the officer, dead.

James rushed over to me and huddled me up in his arms, hiding my face into his chest.

I breathed in his scent and sighed.

Now my life is changed forever.

I am no longer Clarence.

I am now Clare.

And I forever will be safe in James's arms.