Mornings

Zayn rolled over as he heard his alarm clock buzz it's monotone over and over again, knocking an empty beer bottle off the nightstand and cursing as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.
He looked at the cheese under his fingernails leading him to believe he'd ordered cheese fries the night before in his drunken state. His head throbbed and he walked groggily to the bathroom.
"Son of a bitch." He mumbled, placing two Advil on his tongue and throwing back a glass of water. He ran a hand through his messy hair and shrugged, pulling a flannel over his t-shirt and finding a nice pair of pants.
He hurried through the front door, pushing it open and walking down to his car. He pulled the door open and sunk into his seat. The radio blared as soon as he started the car and he jumped back a bit, "fuck.." He mumbled, pressing the button to mute it.
Zayn sighed as he pulled off the side of the street and began his daily drive to his job in the city, the sun reflecting off the buildings made of glass, made him wish he was dead.
He walked into the building, grabbing a cup of coffee and taking a few sips before sliding behind his desk and logging into his computer, looking over as his good friend sam sat down.
"long night?", sam asked Zayn and laughed a little. "Long night is an understatement.. woke up in Staten Island.", Zayn remarked and took another sip of his coffee. "I need to whiz.", Zayn looked over at Sam. "That an invite?" Sam laughed, pushing his chair back and hopping up.
Zayn stood at the urinal and unzipped his pants, staring at the tiled wall in front of him. "Staten Island huh?", Sam laughed again, biting his lip. "It's not funny.. don't ask.", Zayn bit his lip, holding back a giggle. "That takes talent Zayn.. It really does."
"So.. How about that guy you've been seeing? Ehm.. Oliver?" Sam asked. Zayn bit his lip. "He's hot, yeah.. But you know how I feel about being with one guy... It's not realistic." Zayn sighed. "Right, right.. we better get to the conference room or you know who will have our heads." Sam laughed, pushing the glass door open for Zayn.
Zayn stealthily slid into the last seat at the table, waiting for the meeting to begin. "Before anyone pitches any ideas I want to introduce our new intern.. Jack.", Zayn looked up as a black haired boy stood with a cup of coffee in his hand. Zayn nodded, his tongue sliding over his bottom lip slowly.
Sam spoke up, "I was thinking about a profile on Liam Payne, a new sports doctor.", he nodded. "Liam is performing knee surgery on a basketball player next month and we will have access to the biggest names in sports." Sam scratched the back of his neck and then turned and threw out a few names as another agreed with him.
Zayn huffed, sports weren't his thing at all. "What was that Zayn?" His boss asked, looking over at him. Zayn swallowed and shook his head, "nothing.. it's just sports are sort of stupid and weird.. and just.." he mumbled softly.
"Perfect.. You've got the article.", Zayn's eyes widened and he shook his head. "no, no, this really seems like more of a Sam article.", Zayn pleaded hopefully. "Yeah, yeah.. this really seems like more of a me article." Sam sulked.
"Don't sulk at me, are you sulking at me?" The boss questioned as sam huffed out a small breath. Sam's jaw clenched as he shook his head. "no ma'am of course not."
The boss handed out a few more pieces before it was over and Zayn sleepily got up and walked out of the room, wondering how in the hell he was going to get out of this interview with this doctor.