"I'm so going to hell for this,"

Start from the beginning

“Yeah, that’s why they left alright,” Scoffing playfully, I walked over to the couch; my lips tightening as I shakily began to sit down. Pain etched across my face as I grimaced, despising the fact that I could barely do anything without having to feel the aftermath of my actions.

Gasping slightly, Kelsey ran over to me. Grabbing me under the arms carefully while helping me sit down on the couch, she sighed, “You can’t do that,” She shook her head, while sitting across from me, a bit to the right so that I could put my feet up on the table. “You’ll hurt yourself.”

“I can’t hurt myself any more than I already have,” Leaning back against the cushioned couch, I relaxed into the leather. Closing my eyes, I let out a deep breath before peeking one open to see Kelsey looking down at her hands, biting against the skin on her lips, “Don’t be so jittery, babe.” It was my turn to sigh now, “It’s going to be like this for a while but it’ll all ease down with time.”

“I know, I just—it sucks that I can’t do anything to help you.” Shrugging, she gave me a small smile with sadness evident in the way it didn’t quite meet her eyes.

“C’mere,” I whispered, holding my hand out for her to take in which she did in a second’s time. Pulling her over to me with a grunt, worry flashed in her eyes but quickly vanished once I lazily turned my head over to face her, my fingers brushing against her cheek, “Relax,” I breathed out.

Leaning into my touch, she closed her eyes, reveling in the fact that I was right next to her, “I missed you.” She whispered, cupping her hand over mine.

“You were with me every day since what happened, how much could you possibly have missed me?” Chuckling, I leaned closer so that my head was mere inches from hers.

“I missed you being home,” Fluttering her eyes open, she peered into mine, taking my breath away. “I missed you being here with me instead of that stupid hospital,” She grumbled with a roll of her eyes.

Coughing out a laugh, I turned my head, covering my mouth for a second before turning back to her, “Can’t say I disagree.”

“Of course you can’t,” She huffed a teasing breath, “Because they ruined every chance of us making out.”

“Can you blame me?” I propped myself up on my elbow, looking down at her, “They came in every god damn second I tried to kiss you. After the fifth time, I began to think they were stalking us.”

“They were just doing their job,” Kelsey exasperated with a smile, “You just couldn’t resist the temptation.”

Cocking a brow, I sought the smirk that pulled at my lips, “And what temptation would that be?”

Moving forwards until her lips barely touched mine, she cockily smiled, “Me,” She whispered, quickly backing away before I had the chance to retaliate.

“You’re such a fucking tease,” I muttered, shooting her a disapproving look.