Chapter 5: Jazz

two chapters in one day, Ninja much.

********************************************Jazz**************************************

"So, Jazz what do you think?" Will asked, i looked up, confused.

"What do i think of what?" I asked. He laughed,

"oh come on, really? Haven't you been paying attention to our conversation?" I shook my head, laughing.

"No, nothing you talk about ever interests me" I said. "ever" he looked at me, pretending to be offended, before turning up the volume on the ipod.

"Hey, hey, i still want to be able to hear when i wake up!" Dave said, turning it down, "Its my party"

I shook my head, "Where did Kam go?" I looked around for him, not seeing any sign of him. 

"He died" Sara said, voice dropping about a million octaves lower. " Jokes, he went with Harry and Rowan"

"Oh" i said, Kam and Rowan were both pretty good looking, maybe they were cousins, they seemed to know each other well.

"So" I said, looking at Will "What WERE you talking about that i seem to have been a part of?"

"Nothing just school, exams, stuff that sucks" He said, smiling kindly, "And how you should wear more denim shorts like you are now" I looked down, realizing how Short these shorts really were, they hadn't looked that short in the shop where i bought it.

"Their not that short!" i said, defending myself.

"No, not short at all" He said, being Will again, i had a sudden temptation to kick him.

"Yes, not short at all, just like your jeans aren't half way down your-" i stopped as Dave's mother got home.

"Oh, hi there Miss Philips" i said, politely, hoping she knew their was a party, as when i had a party i often forgot that my parents weren't to keen on loud 'noise pollution'.

She smiled, continuing upstairs. I looked at Will, who  smiled back at me like nothing had happened.

"So, Jazz what were you saying?"

Kam was telling us about life in wales, which wasn't all that fascinating, just another life, but with more sheep involved. He mentioned that his cousin was coming over, Nick, and made clear that he and Rowan had never met, and Rowan also made sure that everyone knew that as well, they obviously hated each other, everyone could see that, they just tried so hard to hide it that it was funny to watch.

"Whats your cousin like?" Sara asked.

"Hes fine, doesent look anything like me,he has- Wait, do you mean personality or appearance" Kam began.

"Both" Will said, "either way and Sara will love it " What he had said was true, i knew this, i'd known Sara since we first went to school.

"Well, he has brown hair, he's a bit taller than Will, same age as me, and he-" He paused thinking a bit more about his cousins personality. "Well, he's kind, and optimistic" He laughed, "Why am i doing all the talking?"

"Because your new!" Will said. "Wheres Harry anyway?"

"Talking to Rowan, there bonding" Sara laughed. I looked at Kam, who tensed, Will saw it too.

"Hey, you alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, its npthing, just a bit cold" Kam smiled. How anyone could have been cold in that room?

"Its getting late" Sara said, "im walking home, Jazz, you coming with me?"  she asked, she already knew the answer.

"See you all att school" i waved good bye as i walked to the door "Tell Harry i said bye"

It was sunday. i wasnt doing anything, so i sat upstairs in my room, taking in the subtle blue walls that had been there since i was three, the smell of bacon coming from  downstairs and the sound of birds. I checked my phone to see that Sara had texted.

I JUST SAW NICK! the measage said

WOW, STALKER MUCH! i replied,

NO! I SAW THEM SHOPPING, HE IS LIKE, ALMOST AS SEXY AS KAM, IF NOT MORE i sighed, put down my phone, realy not bothered to speak about this, to tired. So alternatively i texted Will, but he must have been doing something as he didnt reply, leaving me alone and bored half to death.

I hung upside down on my bed, blood rushing to my face, falling when my phone vibrated, swearing loudly i looked over at it... INCOMING CALL, WILLIAM it said.

"Hello, who is this?" I asked, already knowing who it was, great, I thought.

"William Evans, he said, "And you? who are you Jazz?"

I sighed. "Why did you call ,me?" i asked,

"Well since i don't know who you are i cant answer that, for all i know i have the wrong number, and your going to stalk and kill me" i heard him say.

"Really Will, why did you call me?" i heard him laugh from the other side of the phone.

"Just you, know, feeling lonely" He said. "Did you see Kam's cousin?"

"Why? why do i care about Kam's cousin" i said. really, why did they he think i cared.

"No reason, just... he seemed interested in you" I became aware of how he seemed disappointed, shocked, i dismissed the thought of him liking me like that.

"And?"

"Just... i will see you at school tomorrow then"

"Hey Jazz" Harry said, i didn't see will with him, which was strange, as they were almost always together.

"Hi" i replied.

"Your early" He said, "You look like you've been here for a long time"

"Yeah, over slept abit, i got paranoid and left early" i laughed. "Do you know where Will is?" i asked.

"No, you know will, probably broken his arm and to proud to say anything" Harry sighed. Yes, i thought, that was like Will. i nodded.

"Hey, Jazlyn" Kam said, he smiled kindly, i hadnt seen him coming, so i smiled back, aware that the smile was probanly false, focussing more i saw that there was someone behind him, a boy, probably a year older, he had shiny brown hair and tanned skin, he looked the same height as will, probably a bit smaller though. "This is Nick my... Cousin"

"Hey, im Harry" Harry said, flicking his hair.

"Im Jazz" I smiled. "Hi"

Nick smiled, again, still not saying anything, like he didnt trust himself to speak. eventually he said "Hey" and did a little wave thing.

______________________________________________________________________________

:/ how was that? :\