1

A girl, cold and alone, walked the streets. She shivered as she walked until she came to a rundown church. She heard thunder and ran in immediately.

She curled up in a corner and cried as the storm began. She didn't notice the figure coming towards her.

"Why are you crying, child?" It said. She grabbed her knife and pointed it at him.

"S-Stay away from me!" She yelled. Lighting flashed and she squeaked in fear. The figure stepped forward into the light. It was a man with orange hair and a scar on his face. He saw the shaking child and felt bad for her. All alone when it was cold and clearly afraid of storms.

"Come here, you poor thing." He said, picking her up, holding her to his chest, like an infant. She blinked and looked at him. He smiled gently.

"So, little one, where's your family?" She looked down immediately. "Never mind." She squeaked when a loud thunder and buried her face into his chest. He blinked and rubbed her back.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"A-Abbie."

"Is that short for Abigail?" She nodded. "Do you have anywhere to go?" She shook her head. He sighed. He couldn't take her with him, but she couldn't be left alone. He was about to say something else when he noticed she was asleep. He sighed and wrapped her up in his cloak. He laid her down and fell asleep.