Late Nights

The only noise to be heard was clicking. Constant clicking. Tom was working late, again, emailing and writing on his laptop. He was always so focused on his work. With each new role, came a new Tom. Not that you meant Loki himself walked in through the door when the actor was filming for Thor. It was just each time he was hired for a new part, Tom would grow a little stronger and you would fall in love with him a little more.

Now though, you were close to screaming. It was 2.37 am and his tapping keyboard could still be heard. You just wanted him to come bed. You'd missed his warm hugs at night and soft breathing in the mornings. You missed waking up to find his sleeping form in front of you. You missed reaching forward and being able to hold a hand to his soft cheekbones.

You'd missed him.

He'd been working too much again and you were worried. He was going to bed late at night and waking up too early in the morning. The bags under his eyes were growing bigger and you were sure he was eating less and skipping meals.

Well enough was enough.

With all effort left in your body, you peeled back the covers, slipped on a pair of socks (you knew how cold those dining room tiles could be, you'd risked it before), and you made your way over to your dressing table. Looking at your reflection and grabbing a brush, you pulled and tugged at the endless supply of knots. Sure you were tired, sure he'd be tired, but you still wanted to look acceptable in the presence of a Norse God.

Happy with your mane, you headed out of the door and towards the landing. Sure enough, the downstairs light was on, the tapping keys making their way up to your bedroom.

As silently as possible, you tip toed down the stairs. You poked your head around the doorframe at the bottom of the stairs and noticed his muscular frame facing away from you. Even his back looked gorgeous, how? The computer screen's glare shone brightly, lighting up his curly hair.

You tip toed a little closer...and closer...and clos-

"Not many people can sneak up on me."

Damn it.

You wrapped one of your arms around his waist, the other neck to his neck. Your head went the opposite way and sat against his shoulder.

"You know, I wouldn't have to if you'd just come to bed."

"I'd love to," he said, his voice gravely as he reached upwards to take hold of your hand, "but I have work."

"But I can't sleep."

He frowned, adopting the perfect boyfriend attitude. "Why darling? What's wrong? Are you ill?"

The back of his right hand rested on your forehead and you shuddered under his touch. You could feel your cheeks flush red.

"You do feel a little hot. And you look a little red."

You nodded and pulled a sulky face. "I think I'm coming down with Tomsilitus."

He frowned again, the corners of his lips curving upwards into a smile. "My dear, do please explain."

"Oh, it's awfully dreadful. Your heart beats thirty times faster than any normal heart. Your head spins all the time. You feel like you're flying. It could be fatal. All because of this guy."

"Oh there's a man involved?"

You moved your head and body around so your back was leaning against the table and you were facing him, your hands on his shoulders in front of you.

"There might be. I'm not sure though. He keeps ignoring me. He just spends all day, everyday on his laptop."

His face dropped and he looked down towards the floor. "He sounds awful." He whispered.

Your hand reached out and touched his chin. Placing your thumb on his lips, you slowly pulled his head upward. He looked up at you, like a lost puppy.

"Oh I don't know. He ain't all bad."

Your thumb ran along his lips and you pulled him closer. His eyes closed softly, his body still leaning in as you moved and slid out of his reach.

You giggled and watched his lips move once more, his eyes still closed. "Tease."

"Only for your darling". You blew a kiss and continued moving towards the chest of draws in the dining room. Sat on top was a small CD player and its remote. Grabbing it, you moved back towards him.

"Dance with me."

He opened his eyes, his brow furrowed and his hands around your waist, sending shivers down your spine.

"Darling?"

"Dance with me." You whispered once more.

"But I have work. And it's 2.30 in the morning."

You leaned forward and ghosted his lips, a small gasp escaping him as you did so.

Pulling away, you felt his grip on your waist tighten as hough he may lose you if he let go.

"I'll do anything if it means touching such perfection once more."

"Charmer."

He winked at you and lifted up out of his chair, shutting the laptop's lid.

You pushed down on the 'Play' button of the remote.

"Glenn Miller?" You whispered.

"It helps me work." He admitted.

"I'm surprised you haven't danced already."

You made you way into the center of the room, free of his hold.

Stretching out a hand, you smiled at him. "Care to dance Mr Hiddleston?"

"Miss (Y/L/N), I would wish for nothing else."