Wooly Jumpers and Strange Beasts

You were snuggled up close to the warmth of his woolen jumper, his heart beating slowly but strongly through the thick layers of clothing. His arms were wrapped around your body as he held you tightly, almost as of scared of letting you go. You sighed contently, the bitter winter air and freezing cold weather forgotten as you sat there, perfectly boiling in your own little bubble.

It wasn't often that Tom was home from work, especially not around January/February time. The filming for his latest project had been postponed due to an accident on set. It made you sad and you really did worry about their safety at first but, company with Tom in your pokey London flat was all that you craved all day, every day. To you, one person's discomfort, was your heaven.

You smiled to yourself and looked up at the ceiling, it's soft, pastel yellow colour staring back. "We should redecorate." You claimed, your voice quiet at first and quite nervous.

"Why?"

"I just think yellow is a bit boring now and we need some new memories."

Tom looked down at you and although you didn't look back, you could feel his eyes trying to meet yours. "If you insist." He bent his head down and planted a kiss onto your forehead, you giggling in return. He sighed as he leaned back into his chair, looking back up at the ceiling, his back sliding down the sofa slightly.

You blinked softly, just for second and felt your body being pushed and lurch forward. You looked back towards Tom, leaning up on the palms of your hands, a worried and confused expression smeared across your face. "What's wrong? Tom?"

He stared silently, his eyes wide at the ceiling. His finger was pointing upwards and you closely followed it with your eyes, finally locating the horror that had terrified your boyfriend.

"Really?"

He nodded slowly, his eyes not leaving the beast, not even blinking.

"Tom come on. You're a grown man, you can't be scared o-"

"Shit! Where did it go? Did you see it move?"

"Tom, please. Calm down, it's more scared of you then you are of it."

Tom straightened himself, smoothed out the creases of his jumper. He raise done eye brow and clicked his tongue off of the roof of his mouth. "Scared? Who said anything about scared?"

He bit his lip and carefully stood up, removing you from him. You looked at him, positively beaming.

"Tom, I think this", you waved your finger at him and laughed, "is you being scared."

"Look, missy. I may have a slight," you sniggered, "discomfort around these beasts, but I am a grown man and certainly not scar-OH MY GOD, IT MOVED AGAIN!"

You sighed, rolled your eyes and got up to leave.

"Where are you going?"

His voice was breathless and his face panicked.

"To the kitchen?"

"What for?"

A frown. "Tea?"

"Tea?"

"Yeah Tom, you remember. That thing where you boil the kettle and place and tea bag into a pot an-"

"Yeah I've got that thanks. But, seriously are you not going to save me?"

"What? The damsel in distress?"

Tom pulled a puppy dog face at you and you knew he knew you couldn't resist him. He blinked a few times and you groaned. "Pretty please, with cherries on top?"

"Fine, I'll find this bloody spider."

Tom's face gleamed as he ran behind you and kissed your forehead. He held your shoulders as you ran to the kitchen to grab a plastic cup and a sheet of paper. He waited patiently in the room as you left, poking your head around the door frame, gleaming.

"Wish me luck!"